tuning advise audi a4 3.0 tdi v6

Simplest route and by far the single biggest torque/power gains will be by means of an ECU remap. This is done via the diagnostic port. This is an interesting yet highly unimpressive process to observe as it doesn't even require the bonnet to be opened. Please don't consider tuning boxes.

The current A4 3.0 TDi is rated at 236bhp and 406lbft

Celtic Tuning (my favoured tuner but there are many other good ones as well) will take it to 288bhp and 461 lbft.

You can go further but you will be spending big big money on exotic components such as hybrid turbchargers etc. Even if you do this you will still need the ECU remapped to make best use of the uprated components.

O yes, a warm welcome to torque cars as well.

Rgds,

Paul Anderson.

welcome to the site.

after the map you might need to look at the clutch.
decatting will help spool up time - and its not required for dervs

It's not required as long as it can meet the MoT requirements without it/them. There's almost certainly a DPF (or a pair) though and that is going to create more back pressure than any cat will create.

Cheers guys, had imprezas for the last eight years tuned them maps decat etc. Sounds the same route with diesel. It's a auto by the way. Just bought a kn panel filter.
What about exhausts ?

DPF was a pain to map out on the 2.0 unsure if its done on the 3.0 yet - as vw dont get this engine i havent looked at it much - and when it is mapped out it smokes like hell on boost

Cheers guys, had imprezas for the last eight years tuned them maps decat etc. Sounds the same route with diesel. It's a auto by the way. Just bought a kn panel filter.
What about exhausts ?

High torque diesels are perfect with automatic transmission.

I still think the single biggest bang for buck is an ECU remap.

Agreed, if you want an exhaust though Milltek do a nice exhaust for your car, cat back that removes the DPF, I assume then that it can be mapped out by the looks of things
it won't be cheap though, Milltek exhausts never are but they are the dogs dangleys though when it come to exhausts

http://www.millteksport.com/exhaust.products.cfm?variantid=306

also you need to listen to the video, it makes the exhaust so worth while...
it sounds really nice,
http://www.millteksport.com/media.file.cfm?fileid=585

There's not much gain to be had from a diesel sports exhaust, the standard exhausts flow better than they need to so unless you add silly power hikes there is no benefit from them IMO.

Diesels flow pretty well anyway. The engines have no throttles - they run on excess air/oxygen. Engine designers will use large bore exhausts as a matter of course in order to let the diesel engine do its free breathing thing.

The lack of throttling makes diesels very good and relatively easy to turbocharge. They respond well to forced induction - they are good candidates.

Hence the fact that there are virtually no naturally aspirated diesel cars on sale for the best part of twenty years.

The other reason of course is that a naturally aspirated diesel car is not especially 'engaging' to drive. Marketing plays this part beautifully.