JamieHarrison

Car
Ds3
Hello,

I have a 2015 DS3 1.6 Blue HDI 100 remapped to 130. However, I feel like the car has a lot more potential but don’t have much knowledge in what to do next...

Can anyone suggest anything or point me in the right direction? Someone said to me about a hybrid turbo but I wouldn’t know where to look.

Hi and welcome Jamie :)

Can you tell us what you intend to do with the car track day only or daily driver and weekend motorsports ?

IF you intend to use it for work and play then I would advise that you have a chat to your insurer to see if they will still cover you in the event of a crash.

Get everything in writing including every mod even a non standard muffler.

Hi and welcome Jamie :)

Can you tell us what you intend to do with the car track day only or daily driver and weekend motorsports ?

IF you intend to use it for work and play then I would advise that you have a chat to your insurer to see if they will still cover you in the event of a crash.

Get everything in writing including every mod even a non standard muffler.

Yeah I will be using it for work etc so I will give them a ring and see what they say.

If all is green where would you recommend starting? Maybe begin with smaller adjustments first...

Small mods are where it starts.... Soon you get used to the power and want more. And more. And more.....

If you have had a remap I would guess the power increase was from turning up the turbo pressure and reducing compression.
This can be pushed, but your tuner would have pushed it to the limit already.
There's plenty of options but my knowledge is limited to petrol engines and I suspect if I give you any advice it might not apply to diesels.

Small mods are where it starts.... Soon you get used to the power and want more. And more. And more.....

If you have had a remap I would guess the power increase was from turning up the turbo pressure and reducing compression.
This can be pushed, but your tuner would have pushed it to the limit already.
There's plenty of options but my knowledge is limited to petrol engines and I suspect if I give you any advice it might not apply to diesels.

Yeah I have noticed that there is more of a market for performance mods on the petrol DS3 but they have so many issues that I couldn’t justify getting one unfortunately...

IMO the absolute first mod to improve any turbo powered vehicle be it diesel or petrol powered is to fit a larger diameter free flowing exhaust system from the turbo as turbos need as little as possible restriction = back pressure after the turbo that will allow it to spin up more and faster. Been there done that.

IMO the absolute first mod to improve any turbo powered vehicle be it diesel or petrol powered is to fit a larger diameter free flowing exhaust system from the turbo as turbos need as little as possible restriction = back pressure after the turbo that will allow it to spin up more and faster. Been there done that.

I’m currently talking to a garage at the minute about getting one custom built, anything you can recommend that is a must to pass on to them? Cheers.

Jamie FYI mandrel bends have the same diameter all the way around whatever angle they are .Press bends reduce the diameter in any bend and reduce the flow.

Ensure that any muffler /black box is a glass pack straight thru type with perforated holes internal in the tube and with absolutely no baffles as they will reduce flow and reduce power.

Yeah, I should probably have elaborated on what those bends are. Was posting quickly before leaving for work :)

AET turbo’s at Normanton near Wakefield...01924 614112..go on their website..you’ll find what turbo model yours is or just give them a ring...they have just built an hybrid for mine..only took them a couple of days to have it ready..top quality service..

Last edited:
Just read all of your posts...how are you getting on with the custom exhaust?...my friend builds custom stainless steel exhausts for a living..open a private conversation if you want to know more..we aren’t that far away from Harrogate..

Just read all of your posts...how are you getting on with the custom exhaust?...my friend builds custom stainless steel exhausts for a living..open a private conversation if you want to know more..we aren’t that far away from Harrogate..
I already have one on from Tony Banks mate!