Tuning a Concorde?

TsarProdigy

Car
N/A
sorry if this is the wrong area to post this thread... I'm new to the forum....

Anyways, I'm considering getting a 2000 Chrysler Concorde...
Would it even be logical to tune? I'm talking body kits, spoilers/wings, paint, ect.
I'm not entirely sure, but I don't have many other options for a car.:confused:
It's white in color, but I'd like to make it a dark metallic black, if I do decide to get it... What do you guys think?

Hi, and welcome to the site.

For those on here who don't know what a Concorde looks like:

http://chrysler-2000.auto-one.co.uk/2000-chrysler-concorde/

This is quite a large, swoopy car, so modifying it so it doesn't look silly will be tricky, in my opinion.

Spoilers and wings will look really silly on a car this size and a body kit will make an already large car even bulkier.

A slight lowering, change the wheels (maybe a LITTLE larger diameter, say 17 or 18"), de-lock, tinted glass and an uplift in power (at 3460lbs and 200bhp I am surprised it actually moves!) coupled with suspension and brake upgrades to cope, making a great sleeper.

However, this is only my opinion as I prefer subtle to in your face.

Last edited:
Hi, and welcome to the site.

For those on here who don't know what a Concorde looks like:

http://chrysler-2000.auto-one.co.uk/2000-chrysler-concorde/

This is quite a large, swoopy car, so modifying it so it doesn't look silly will be tricky, in my opinion.

Spoilers and wings will look really silly on a car this size and a body kit will make an already large car even bulkier.

A slight lowering, change the wheels (maybe a LITTLE larger diameter, say 17 or 18"), de-lock, tinted glass and an uplift in power (at 3460lbs and 200bhp I am surprised it actually moves!) coupled with suspension and brake upgrades to cope, making a great sleeper.

However, this is only my opinion as I prefer subtle to in your face.

Thanks.
I agree on the body kit and spoiler... I really don't like how large the car seems, but I highly doubt anything can really change that... With all the space though, you would think maybe they put something decent in there, but maybe that's not so true... At least it's white and not some ridiculous color....

The car has a pretty unique shape, and I think maybe doing something to help promote that would be cool. Probably not the right word for that, but whatever.

Thanks for the reply

I agree with OG in the main. Perhaps some nice wheels, tinted windows and smoked lights (if legal in your area.)

A rear spoiler could look nice if done properly. It will need to follow the curves of the rear and sweep forward around the lights.

If done right it will look very nice!

Ah, there's the rub, doing it 'right'. That is the difficult part, knowing when it is right, as in finished. Too many modifiers don't know when to stop and spoil what could have been a very nice car. The old addage 'less is more' is a good one to keep in mind when modding a car.

Ah, there's the rub, doing it 'right'. That is the difficult part, knowing when it is right, as in finished. Too many modifiers don't know when to stop and spoil what could have been a very nice car. The old addage 'less is more' is a good one to keep in mind when modding a car.

Totally agree mate. I don't think I'll ever be done though, because if I look at my car one day and think there is nothing more I can do, I'll become bored!

Totally agree mate. I don't think I'll ever be done though, because if I look at my car one day and think there is nothing more I can do, I'll become bored!

Absolutely, but I was thinking more of the exterior styling rather than interior/suspension/engine mods.

I agree with OG in the main. Perhaps some nice wheels, tinted windows and smoked lights (if legal in your area.)

A rear spoiler could look nice if done properly. It will need to follow the curves of the rear and sweep forward around the lights.

Lower it, larger wheels with a deep dish, and get it looking as smooth as possible. I would think along the lines of VIP style (see here).

If done right it will look very nice!

Absolutely, but I was thinking more of the exterior styling rather than interior/suspension/engine mods.

Would a 2000 LHS be much more difficult than the Concorde? those are my 2 options here...
And thanks guys, for all the input, I greatly appreciate it, and will take all of it into consideration.

Looks very similar to me so my comments would be the same.

If a car is difficult to modify not many people will have done it (and if they have probably not well) so you will stand out from, rather than just be part of, the crowd. If something is easy to do I can't see the satisfaction in doing it.

These cars cry out to be sleepers.

Looks very similar to me so my comments would be the same.

If a car is difficult to modify not many people will have done it (and if they have probably not well) so you will stand out from, rather than just be part of, the crowd. If something is easy to do I can't see the satisfaction in doing it.

These cars cry out to be sleepers.

Alright, thanks. The body is very similar, but a little less curvy... I looked on various online sources, and it seems that there are more parts available for the LHS than the Concorde.
Thanks again!
I'm getting the LHS