Tuning a C2 with a £500 budget

jay1991tee

Wrench Pro
Car
Citroen C2
I currently have a 1.1 which i see no point in tuning. I intend to buy the 125bhp 1.6 Vts engine from the C2 and my mates dad will fit it for me to keep the cost down. i am hoping to get it up too say 180bh and 0-60 at about atleast 7 secs (1.6 Vts would give it 8.3 secs)

I was wondering what are the best ways to do this with around £500, or is this abbitious with this budged

Cheers

thought so, what you rekon is acievable then and how would i do

ive looked and it can be remapped for £200 to 135bhp

Im just wondering what kind of an affect an air intake system for say £150 would do

and maybe a fast road cam, pushing a bit over £500 but if its worth it i dont mind

just trying to keep cost to a minimal really and gain 180bhp, hard task lol

Last edited:
thought so, what you rekon is acievable then and how would i do

ive looked and it can be remapped for £200 to 135bhp

Im just wondering what kind of an affect an air intake system for say £150 would do

and maybe a fast road cam, pushing a bit over £500 but if its worth it i dont mind

just trying to keep cost to a minimal really and gain 180bhp, hard task lol

You would still only be at prob 150 ish with those mods.

Okay um probs go with Chip to 135bhp then a air induction and an exhaust system to give around 150bhp, more air in so more out n all that
Any idea how much id have to spend to get to 180 and what to buy

Cheers

First of all you need to be thinking about a full exhaust a set of cams and a good cold air induction kit. Do these mods before the re-map. The general rule is the more BHP you want the deeper your pockets have to be.

haha nice one
I was just looking and do you think a Honda Vtec engine would be better My mates put one in his civic but he bought a bigger honda swapped it then sold it again, and his is rapid ( he has added an air and oil filter and a vtec booster, plus loads of handling mods). I was thinking of doing that, rekon its a good idea ? they seem liek good engines to tune

the 1.6 vtec s engine still only has 115bhp, the c2 vts engine has 125bhp and is cheaper) which one you rekon

Last edited by a moderator:
it would have to be an engine swap because i couldnt sell a civic again with a citroen engine lol the C2 vts seems to be the most powerfull 1.6 i can find lol which i find hard to believe

I'm a little worried that you aren't thinking about uprating the brakes or the suspension. These should be your first mods after the engine swap!

yeh thats what my mate keeps telling me lol he has done mainly handling. what would you suggest ? Suspension kits - do lowering springs do anything or isit worth going all out for a suspension kit. Strut bars ( my mates got them through out his civic) ?

Cheers

Is there a hot C2 like a VTS? Might be cheaper to go to a breakers yard and fit performance C2 parts to it. Ideally you only need to lower it 45mm all round and fit slightly stiffer springs.

The new spring rate should take into account the weight of the engine.

You may also discover that 206 Gti brakes will fit. Check out the other options as there are often parts shared between car makers and even different models.

If you make it go faster you need to stop it more quickly too!

yeh there is a VTS and its a pretty quick car, Handling is not as important as power at the moment, just because my c2 is light, pretty stuff and the brakes are pretty sharp too. ive got to get rid of this awfull 1.1 first lol

actually thats a really good shout, peuguot and citroen share so many of the same interior parts and my girlfriends got a 206 and the engine bay looks very similar to mine so its very liely they would be the same.

ive found springs that lower it 35mm for £120, do you think that would be enough, other wise its £650 on a full -60mm suspension kit.

what you rekon

and thanks for the help

I never recommend a drop of more than 40mm as you are then prone to rubbing and need to properly setup the geometry and driveshaft angles etc...

Sounds like you've just discovered a world of possibilities.