tuning a audi a4 1.9 TDI

FoRkEr

Car
Audi A4 1.9 TDI
hi guys im new here i drive a audi a4 1.9 tdi done a mod or 2 to it got software installed they claimed i could get 130kw but my car was only at 81 kw altough its the 96kw version so i now have 96kws at the wheels and 297 nm now i bought a bigger fmic and planing on putting that in aswell whats the best and safest mods to do on this car to get the best performance and reliablity?im looking at getting 130 kws only would it be possible with just the fmic and would it be relaible?and is it possible to put an induction kit on the car?as its a diesel and i know it has no tb great forum btw hope to hear from all you car wizzes soon im not all that clued up bout diesels and i live in s.a

Howdo.

If you take the torque above 300lbft/400Nm, then you'll need to upgrade the clutch, otherwise these engines are pretty strong and can take a lot more power before needing to upgrade internals.

What's the mileage on the car. Is it needing an engine clear out as it is already "under" power.

A big turbo is probably the best mod after a remap although you should really get another remap done to take it into account.

I guess the real question you want to ask is what's the difference between the 100bhp and 170bhp 1.9 Diesel engines from the VAG group. Find this and you'll know what needs to be done.

I guess the real question you want to ask is what's the difference between the 100bhp and 170bhp 1.9 Diesel engines from the VAG group. Find this and you'll know what needs to be done.

turbo, vaccum lines, pistons, ecu, intercooler, fuel heater

thats just off the top of my head

To do all those modification costs a lot of doe.
It easier and cheaper to sell it, add some money and buy the next more powerfull model.

To do all those modification costs a lot of doe.
It easier and cheaper to sell it, add some money and buy the next more powerfull model.

I agree. Remap the ECU by all means - this is very effective with the PD and later CR diesel engines but swapping out turbos etc. gets incredibly expensive with all the other work required additionally.

In my opinion it would be better to start with the 2.5 TDi V6 unit which, although not capable of much, if any, more torque or power, will deliver it much more smoothly and thereby impose far less stress on the power train. DMFs are particularly prone to early failure on high powered 4 cylinder diesels.

hi thanks for all the replies so my car would be able to take 130kw with stock internals?im not planing on going more then that only trying to get a nice family car with lots of power thats reliable and fun to drive after these few mods im going to go to the looks side of it and ice aswell

What's the mileage on the car. Is it needing an engine clear out as it is already "under" power.

A big turbo is probably the best mod after a remap although you should really get another remap done to take it into account.

hi thanks u got a point there in some weird way hehe the car has 140thousend kms on it now

hi thanks for all the replies so my car would be able to take 130kw with stock internals?im not planing on going more then that only trying to get a nice family car with lots of power thats reliable and fun to drive after these few mods im going to go to the looks side of it and ice aswell

130kW (174bhp) will be fine with the 1.9 engines but do get the mapping done by a reputable operator. DIY attempts are often disastrous. Torque is indeed addictive. It's torque which makes a car accelerate. The more torque at the wheels the harder it'll pull. Gearboxes simply trade revs for torque - the overall bhp in the system is the same.