tuning 1.6 16v engine??

the simple 1 is induction kit but its quite a popular engine so have a look at demon tweeks website

it is good speed wise but if u lower it and put strut braces on it u should feel alot better on nice country roads

hi mate any idea of the engine code as all vaux 1.6 8v or 16v have great tuning potential ????? if you can get the engine code i have a few tuning guides for 1.6 vaux engines

get a dbilas inlet box it shortens the inlet route and makes quite a bit of diffrence they
are quite expensive but if u keep ur eye out for them second hand u may get a good deal.
my mate had a corsa with one of these engines in it had a four branch manifold,de cat,power flow exhaust system,dbilas inlet box, fast road cams and a remap by courtenay and it made 136bhp on there rollers hope that helps u in the rite direction .

that ll b x16xe. the c16xe has got a air flow meter and a black plastic inlet manifold early corsa gsi engine runs 107bhp as standard. and urs has no air flow meter and a cast ali inlet manifold which runs 104bhp as standard but is also the engine my mate had 136bhp out of both these engines are capable 200bhp dependin on the depth of ur pockets

getting around 100bhp. id say around lots,
forced inductions your best bet ACE might be able to sort you out at a decent price. but for what its worth it may just be as cheap getting a 2ltr turbo and fitting that in

yeah a 2.0 turbo is cheaper but to get 200bhp you dont need to turbo the 1.6
the common route is jenvey throttle bodies after market management(ecu) port polished head double valve springs very leary cams forged pocketed pistons arp rod bolts a free flowin exhaust system and maybe a few other bits and the throttle boddies come in at about £1000

cheapest mod for more power..... fit a redtop. you can pick up an engine,box,loom,exhaust etc etc for about £350 if you look around.
you'll need either an ecotec induction pipe to replace the standard sfi airbox, or some slight cutting of the bulkhead to get it to fit, but not hard to do at all.
instant 153+BHP.
lower it 40mm on 16s, with front strut brace, an she'll handle like a beaut too

Yup, C20XE or a nice C20LET would go nicely ;) Spending a grand on tunign the engine to 200bhp is all very good but what sort of problems are you going to face with already highly uprated internals if you require to take the power further??? I would assume boring of the engine etc would come into play but then it wouldn't be a 1.6 anymore.

Neh logically thinking you'd be better off putting an engine in that already has the power you want and then you have a big bench mark if you want even more power ;)

definately.
you'll only end up spendin loads ££££ then decideing you want more power an having to go via the redtop/LET route anyway! save the money an lob in an engine thats capable of STOOPID power! there are 550BHP corsas/astras out there runnin LETS....Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep pockets required for that though!!!

Not sure if you have come across him Pikey, but have you heard of a guy called Qrew? Hes just in the process of taking his very empty pocketed, 565bhp C20LET up to the 750bhp area. The guy is a god when it comes to modding and his latest craze is, he's trying to fit a second turbo to his Calibra. So yes guy's, depending on how big your pocket is, the better your car will be. But as we have said, dont waste your money on getting something up to it's absolute limit just to find out you have to spend loads again just to get more out of it, just start with the more powerfull engine and the world is your oister lol

wot about the engine mount kit and if its goin to have more power u want the bigger hubs and shafts which are quiet expensive i do agree on a c20xe transplant but if u want to do a 1.6 you can still get 200bhp but eather way deep pockets are a good idea

engine mounts for corsa's and tigra's are ten a penny now mate, and if you find someone who is selling the lot out of a car they converted, you may well get the whole shebang. as for driveshafts/hubs etc, they're not hard to get hold of or majorly expensive.
few months ago i was gonna redtop my old corsa, found EVERYTHING i needed for the conversion for £580. all i had to do was fit it... if you look hard enough you WILL find bargains!

It's not just the cost of the C20XE/C20LET engines its the price of the replacing of it,
or if your doing a D.I.Y job, then you need to hire the right machinery etc.

Good Luck Anyway :)

Well to put it in perspective, when I did my C20LET turbo conversion on my Vectra. The only thing I bought was the engine. The drive shafts were fine up to about 250bhp and the brakes are so easy to come by it's silly. There are many many Vauxhalls out there that use the bigger 288mm disks as standard so you wont have anyproblem with braking or your drive train. The only other thing to think about is the handling really. But My entire conversion cost me £1012 and ended up with a very rare fast vectra for stupidly low money.

There wouldn't be loads you'd need to do to make a redtop or turbo conversion work. It is alot easier than most peeps think to be fair. We only took 6 hrs to take old engine out, new engine in and to a point where it would turn over. Then it was just a day or 2 of playing with the wires to hide them.