trying to fit t5 wheels to a old 940?!

Mr C Sanchez

Car
Capri 2.8/volvo 940
hello all volvo heads. hope everyone's good.
I have a 91 940 saloon, bought off a volvo dealer for peanuts with 59,000 on clock! not even run in for a prancin moose. since bought been lowered and a stealth stereo fitted, didnt want to ruin look of the original interior.

I have a set of t5 wheels in graphite, the rears fit fine, but the fronts need about 20mm of spacing to clear the upright, which in turn leaves no thread on the stud for the nut to go on...i know i need longer studs.

Does anybody know the dimensions of the original studs so i can order some longer ones? If so massive brownie points, you know your onions!

If anybody has done this kind of change over before or has any info i would be very greatfull.

I dont think you should be using longer studs, youd be better off with hubcentric spacers that bolt to the hub.

agreed 20mm is quite a difference hubcentric spacers should be used for all spacing applications as they distribute the weight over the hub rather than putting the strain on the bolts.
20mm should, as claymore said, bolt to the hub then the wheel bolts to the spacer

blimey ok, thanks for the input, those hubcentrics arent cheap, around £180 if we are thinking of the same thing. well when it comes to saftey i cant cut corners. better start hiding some money from the missis.

right thank you chaps, i'll let you know how i get on looking for decently priced hubcentric spacers....failing that there might just be some graphite t5 alloys for sale. after all this was just supposed to be my daily hack, 'i just cant leave them alone'....as my ol man says.

Last edited:

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back