Trouble with ignition Misfiring.

Redbaled

Car
Mitsubishi GTO TT
Hi all this is my 2nd posting as I am new to the site but getting a feel of things. Can anyone help me on the following.
1stly after a good long run the car performed fine no problems when the car was left for an hour or so and time to go home car would reluctantly start and coughed and spluttered and eventually cleared and would run ok it was if the choke was on and it was flooding this was ongoing until recently when driving down the M2 motorway it started to mis fire and I managed to limp it on as it seemed to be firing on only 4 cylinders and the "check engine" light came on and stayed on.

I thought maybe one of the coil packs was duff so I replaced the three coils via one sourced from ebay (matched no etc) still the same misfiring on the same pots.

What could this be now? Amplifier or ECU. Don't forget it starts up but is misfiring.

I would be grateful for any advice please.

Many Thanks

Hi Loz leads were replaced 18 months ago with magnecor make and Iridium plugs fitted as well at that time.

The guy checking this out for me says he is getting no spark from the coil to the plug even though the coils have been swapped. it seems to be either from the amplifier or ECU.

Many thanks

Andy