Tried sleeping in your car

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Have you ever tried to sleep in your car? I have a few times and each time I've woken up pretty stiff and to be honest didn't really get much sleep.

Its usually on a badly planned holiday where we are in the middle of France and won't get to our accomodation for another 4 hours and the time has slipped round to 2 am.

What about you guys n gals? When, why, where and did you sleep much?

Have done a few times, more power naps than out else. did sleep all night in the car once tho. group of us went camping but i got there a bit later, by then it had started to rain so crashed in the car rather than try to put up the tent in the rain / dark

I tried to sleep in the car once. It was 2am in the middle of no-where in october 2006, I gunned it in the 'Lee' and the transmission went pop. After being told the recovery will be with me in 6 hours I tried to sleep in the car. I failed!

I can recommend Volvo T5s and Scooby sportswagons. Me and the wife once slept in a Volvo 360, it was that bad we abandoned the car in favour of a night under the stars (no tent) whilst rock climbing in the Peak District...:confused:

me and my partner like driving down wales . the lanes there are great for ripping up some speed so sleep in the car alot. well if u can call an hour sleep

Normally I take small naps in my car in the morning when I am early for school, however I have slept in my car for an entire night before. The best way I have found to sleep in a car is that if you have foldable back seats, empty out your trunk to your front passanger seat, fold down the seat, and sleep in the back and it is sort of a makeshift bed. ^o^

Anyone remember the Austin Maxi? That was one cleverly designed interior and you really could get a good kip. Sadly the driving experience was no more enthralling.

chevy tahoe. best sleep i ever got in a truck :p headed up north to snowmobile with some friends and couldnt find an open hotel nearby

Anyone remember the Austin Maxi? That was one cleverly designed interior and you really could get a good kip. Sadly the driving experience was no more enthralling.

God your going back a bit with the maxi
i must be getting old now as i used to drive one lol

once when i was a little boy :rolleyes:

was getting a ferry to france for a holiday and it was at 8am but had to arrive a few hours early.

so i just kipped in the back on a rover 440ti (i think thats what it was)

i think an estate with a couple of sleeping bags would make a good bed lol

iv slept a couple of times in the car.... like when u go to a party and u get sleepy.. just go sleep in the car...

well, there was this one time when i went for a one day job with a friend on another small island...
we missed the boat back and had money to either rent a car for a night or rent a room...
u might have guessed what we chose...
so we managed to rent a small old L200 mitsubishi twin cab (old model)...
we wanted some of both... a car to drive around and get some place to sleep...

as you could have imagined... slipping in that thing was a pain... had to put legs all over the dash... to make things worse my friend would get up all the time to talk to his g/friend on the phone or to go wee.... which he would always drive to go instead of just letting it out somewhere in the bush!

Normally I take small naps in my car in the morning when I am early for school, however I have slept in my car for an entire night before. The best way I have found to sleep in a car is that if you have foldable back seats, empty out your trunk to your front passanger seat, fold down the seat, and sleep in the back and it is sort of a makeshift bed. ^o^

my wife do that with our pontiac. huge trunk with fold down seats in the back. best part is they sit at about a 20 degree angle when folded down so you don't have to worry to much about finding a lvl spot. just get yourself some eggcarton foam pads and a couple of sleeping bags that zip together and its pretty comfy. just remember to turn off the heater before you go to bed. (did that once not fun walking 15 miles for gas and back)