Traffic light refresser for those who need one

TCJBOLDIE

Staff member
Car
2011 Honda FN2
Sorry if this seems like a rant BUT what set me off is 10 minutes ago I was waiting for the GREEN and saw a MPV with "L" plates indicating that a learner was behind the wheel undergoing "instruction"??? drive thru the RED light that was on BEFORE it entered the X road intersection :mad:

Don't know if this is a world wide problem but seems that drivers?? motorists as I prefer to call those steering vehicles on the roads are ignorant/oblivious or think the rules are for others to follow.

AMBER means STOP not keep going IF you can safely stop before entering the intersection.
GREEN means go ONLY IF it is safe to do so.
STOP SIGNS mean exactly that not slow to a crawl if there is nothing coming or "safe"as nothing is coming .

Sorry if I sound a bit pedantic but many people who do any /all of the above have children in the cars who learn by observation and later on have their parents "teaching" ??? them how to operate a motor vehicle, many, I dare to say who have never undertaken any further instruction/training since being let loose on the roads.\B

Last edited:
Around by me there are loads of motorists who jump red lights.

At speed may I add! There was one the other day who jumped the light on a clear red 2 cars in the other lanes but in front of him stopped.

The other car was approaching the lights when they went green and carried on through and it was a miracle there was no collision!

This was during the day and one of the reasons I hate daytime driving!

The problem is that it all starts with the ability to think for oneself. This is precisely the component which is missing from many car 'operators'. Like I said ages back, most cars are already driverless :D