Track day tyres to be outlawed?

Annoying but i can see the sense of this. It will mean a change of tyres is required when you get to the track if you drive your car to the track.

It should also get those shockingly bad tyres from budget makers off the shelves.

The article was dated 2009 and I see there are still for sale online, so I think its time to buy another set, but to be honest the legality of these tyres worries me, any lawyers in this forum.

They are stamped with the correct markings and sold by Toyo as road legal tyres so , as long as they have a minimum of 1.6mm in a continuous band throughout the central three-quarters of the tread width, throughout the whole of the circumference, they are legal to use on UK roads for now.

Thanks for the info, do you also know where the compound info is marked on the tyre, only just found out about 2G and SG, they all look the same but could have differant tyres on each side!!

True but nobody I now uses them on a daily driver as there is no point in having them for pootling around town .
I find then fine for the stagea - Once they are warm the grip is amazing especially from standstill.
Of course I dont drive it for work or in the wet and change to F1s for the winter .
In fact the 888s last me ok compared to other decent makes maybe thats because the other tyres spin too easily

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back