Track day driving tips. :- A common sense guide to trackdays.

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Track day tips : Cornering – the exit speed is what gives you the advantage – so slow up early and accelerate through the corner on a trailing throttle building up power

Continue reading... or post your comments below on this article.

Track day tips : Cornering – the exit speed is what gives you the advantage – so slow up early and accelerate through the corner on a trailing throttle building up power

Continue reading... or post your comments below on this article.

The Apex, The Apex, The Apex.|B Easier said than done, especially when everyone is trying to get there ALL AT ONCE!! :rofl:

Waynne I think you will find that you can not accellerate with a "trailing throttle"

To me it means when cornering with a closed throttle and using engine/compression braking before the apex where one would start to power out.
What do others think it means??

Track tip (only one needed)...........................Take lessons. . Nobody thinks they will get good playing the violin without lessons.
But our egos mean that most people have the mistaken beleif that they are quick (or at least not slow) and most are wrong.

Just try going out in your car being pushed to the limit by someone else who is faster than the car. Your whole veiw will change.

My 32 GTR is 23 years old and totally stock so I thought I was able to get near the handling limits .
That is untill I was taken out by EVO magazines test driver when my car was featured in the GTR article they did a few months ago.

It was like being in a completely different car
He could corner faster and with less bother in the wet than I could in the dry. He was so much smoother. All he did was brake once before the bend/corner (if neccesary) turned the steering wheel and put the power down.
The thing was he did these only once and in sequence.
So I am now a much better/quicker driver , This should of course really say less worse and not as slow .

Lessons are not an admission of being an idiot they are the proven best way to get better at anything . Then WHEN you know what you are supposed to be doing its practice practice pratice.

a link to an aeticle on the interwebby on how to race and pics showing you the lines isnt going to help most people Im afraid. (when they are on the track)
I reckon pretty much everyone who goes onto a track understands apexes evn if they dont seem to bother about them
The problem, is hitting the right ones with the adrenilin pumping and lots of other cars about

a link to an aeticle on the interwebby on how to race and pics showing you the lines isnt going to help most people Im afraid. (when they are on the track)
I reckon pretty much everyone who goes onto a track understands apexes evn if they dont seem to bother about them
The problem, is hitting the right ones with the adrenilin pumping and lots of other cars about

Sleeper,
Many racers have many opinions until race day! On that day poor driving technique = A possible "Last Place" or worst, a total destruction of yourself and your ride! The actual science of "The APEX" is PARAMOUNT to winning and should be well ingrained first before the right foot says GO! LEARN to control anxiety with proper technique and all of your equipment for When/Where? is that ragged, but controllable edge of it's limits! |B

Unfortunately I dont think you can get a link to evo articles because if they allowed access to the features no one would buy the magazine. However I will see what I can sort out as have the article somewhere