Toyota Mr2

st24

The Torque Meister
Car
Insignia cdti 160
As my Brother has gone to Malta for two weeks I have the pleasure of looking after his Mr2 and his Labrador
Inca.
Inca is a loveable old girl of 12 so she does not require much walking.
The Mr2 had a wash screen wash top up then enjoy!
Looking forward to some top down motoring.
Unless it rains the hood will be down full time.

Marvellous! I remember when the MR2 first came out Paul, I thought it was a lovely little car. Enjoy your time with the car and the dog, my fingers are crossed for good weather.

Have driven a NA MR2 and they want to kill you when pushed too far :eek:. (The pendulum effect) Loved the driving position but working on one would be a PITA.

My first experience of rwd and a auto box was my mates mr2 and after spinning it 180° on an island it put me off rwd car's!

I had a Mk 1 (AW11 for the afficianados), and when I first got it, it seemed like a rocket despite only having a 1.6 NA and the vaccum tube on the TVIS was leaking so it didn't come in until about 4,000RPM. Mind you I had come from a 1.3 Mk 3 Siesta.

Had one moment of the pendulum affect, but this is simply fixed by getting off the gas rather than sawing away at the steering wheel. You can't win all the traffic light GPs!

Only had it for a few months as the clutch exploded in traffic and a complete git to replace, at which point I discovered it was a lot more rotten underneath than I originally thought.

Would definately have another, although preferably the Mk 2 turbo jobby (SW20 for the afficianados!).

£500 for six months was money well spent in my opinion! I can still picture myself driving it.

It was dam cold at 05.30 am this morning with the top down but I promised myself the roof will only go up if it rains.
It was noisy,uncomftable, felt like a death trap and massive fun!!:):)

The AW11 had a number of motors all 1600 cc AGE 16V, AGE 16V SC and the AGE20V that had quad TB's
The SW20 had a 2 litre 4SGE if my memory is correct and it came in NA and Turbo versions.

1587cc 4AGE and then the supercharged 4AGZE in the Mk 1; the 20v silver and black tops were popular conversions, but not standard.

3SGE and 3SGTE being the NA and turbo versions of the Mk2 MR2.

Toyota made some great cars throughout the late 80s and 90s.

Thanks for fixing my SGE numbers |B
I am almost certain that the 20V motors may have been Japanese market only in the AW11 model.
Either way the 4AGE was and still is a gem of a motor .

The last version of the MR2 is a bit like rocking horse droppings over here.

That must be a ZZW30 (Mk 3) then with VVTi - I think that's 140bhp in a car weighing a whisker under 1,000kgs.

I take it that's the Roadster (AKA Spyder AKA MR-S) version if the top comes down.

That must be a ZZW30 (Mk 3) then with VVTi - I think that's 140bhp in a car weighing a whisker under 1,000kgs.

I take it that's the Roadster (AKA Spyder AKA MR-S) version if the top comes down.
That's correct its the vvti and the top comes down it also says roadster on the rear.
I think these were made until 2007.

Am almost certain the motor is the same 1800 cc unit that was in the last FWD Celica.

In France this car was renamed the Toyota MR. Say MR2 in french out loud and you'll understand why!

MK2 JDM MR2, my favourite car I've ever driven. The end of each journey is a celebration that you're still alive! Huge fun for a small amount of money, they're just not very powerful though.