toyota hiace engine swap sr20det help!

T

troopz

hi ive got a toyota hiace wantin to swap the engine with a sr20det?
how will i go fittin it will it fit?
i know that ppl have put holden v8s in them and lots of ppl put vn 6's in also and seen some with coola's hangin out the front lol and was thinkin to do somethin a bit differnet and put a sr20det in, it should go in i was just wonder if any 1 has some info for me to guide me for my project?

regards Tim.

It comes out of the Silvia, Blue bird, Pulsar GTi-R and SX180. It uses a Garret T25 turbo and pushes out about 150bhp in standard form. An engine swap into a HIACE will need some major thinking. You will need custom engine mounts, a completely revised wiring loom and it would be easier to use a Nissan Gearbox. The Hi-Ace wheels are massive in comparison so the final drive ratio will need adjusting to compensate for this.

Sounds like a great project. Why did you choose the SR20DET?

150bhp?? I know the pulsar gti r pushes 220 bhp standard :D sorry mate I have no idea on the engine mounts but let me know how it goes :) using a great engine there can push it to 650 I've seen :D

The non turbo motor ( de not det ) produced between 140 and 165 dependant on what nissan it was in.

Re the swop you can of course put pretty much any engine in any car if there is space but it is usually complicated and often impractical unless the engine is a similar type. ( fwd inline 4 etc )

if you must do a swop best option is usually a larger engine from the same manufacturer as the engines will be far more easily interchangable