Toyota Glanza's

Freddie

Road Burner
I'm really interested in these cars. For those of you who don't know they are the most modern version of what essentially is a Starlet 1.3 Turbo.

Just wondering if anyone on the forum has one, or owned one in the past.

Apparently they are very quick, and most insurance companies class them as 'group 6' so very cheap to insure.

I just wanted to know people's experiences with Glanza's or Turbo'd Starlets?
*Are the fast?
*How do they handle?
*Is the insurance REALLY that cheap? - Is there an import car addtion to insurance values?
*Are there many places that will service them?
*Are parts exceptionally hard to come across? (Or expensive!!)

I also wondered if anyone knew the complete spec of these cars as I've only heard rough estimates.. I would be interested to know:
*Weight
*BHP output as standard
*0-60 Times
*Front Wheel Drive?

Thanks very much for your time.

alright they are very fast i just boutght one so not found out about parts yet but easily beat a crx 1.6 vtec down the strip and a 106 gti

bhp 134 standard
0-60 6.9 secs
i have a glanza and from standard are quick little motors and very fun to drive.

Hi there Glanza417 nice to have you along and may I wish you a warm welcome. have you done any mods to it (or any plans for it)?

Glanzas are really lovely as far as I see it. They are fast, yes, and comparatively somewhat better in handling being a small car and being able to swoop in and out of the traffic. As for your queries, the 1.3 litre 4E-FTE pumps out about 133 bhp. And yes, they are front wheel drives.

They have sh*te handling from the factory. Ask anybody who's driven a Glanza then a FWD hatchback that actually handles like an EK9 or even a 106 GTi!

And the interior is so gash it makes you feel sick but for small cars they are pretty quick in a straight line and can surprise many bigger cars. Also, imo they look awesome from the front or side but ugly as sin from the rear.

They have sh*te handling from the factory. Ask anybody who's driven a Glanza then a FWD hatchback that actually handles like an EK9 or even a 106 GTi!

And the interior is so gash it makes you feel sick but for small cars they are pretty quick in a straight line and can surprise many bigger cars. Also, imo they look awesome from the front or side but ugly as sin from the rear.

Get out :toung:

Pretty much true though....handling can be sorted by fitting a nice set of coilovers to get them up to par, then there are so many other handling tweaks you can do to make them handle even better.

Interior i disagree about, seats arent the nicest but the dash is set out nicely, they all come well equipped (air con, electric folding irrors, electric windows) and they are very reliable (unless you do the wrong mods without getting advice)

IMG_0545.jpg

IMG_0548.jpg

IMG_0558.jpg

IMG_0562.jpg

2564017757_469541ff72_o.jpg

IMG_0308.jpg

That 5th picture is awesome!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not "dissing" them y0! I do like them alot and I've almost bought one of a few occassions but just never did for some reason. I think it my biggest gripe is the interior tbh but that's just opinion obviously. I wouldn't kick yours out of bed Munday :lol:

That 5th picture is awesome!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not "dissing" them y0! I do like them alot and I've almost bought one of a few occassions but just never did for some reason. I think it my biggest gripe is the interior tbh but that's just opinion obviously. I wouldn't kick yours out of bed Munday :lol:

;)

Think we have similar tastes tbh!