toyota corolla induction kit

scarface

Hi i have a 92 corolla 1.3gli and i want to put an induction kit on it can i use a 1.6 one or does it have to be a 1.3 one,also do i just install it and thats it or do i have to mess around with the carb.i'm new to this and have no real knowledge of customization of cars and any advice would be sweet.

cheers in advance

Fitting an induction kit is one of the easiest mods you can do. Generally you remove the air box and replace the air box with the induction kit. The only important thing is to make sure the pipe on the induction kit fits the engine. I would have thought the 1.5 would be ok.

I do not though recommend induction kits unless you are happy with a car that has less bottom end power. They do not work too well on smaller engine sizes for the reason I stated earlier and should only be fitted if you are desparate for the intake roar that they make.

An FSE boost valve would increase the fuel pressure and make the car seem more responsive.

Good Day Gentlemen

Waynne, I guess you know about Induction kits. I am planning to fit one on my 1.6 Toyota Corrola RXi. I want the "roar" but I also dont want a power cut on the vehicle. I need to know what is the best way to get cold air sucked into the filter while reducing the amout of hot air from under the bonnet that is being sucked? Any tips....

Thanks
Shiven

Hi Shiven welcome to the site. Putting the induction kit in an open box which has a pipe from the front of the engine bay to one side of the radiator will keep the intake air cool. You need a big intake pipe or 2 smaller ones to feed the open box. (Leave it open to let out the sound but the shielding will help reduce heat transfer from the engine bay.)

Hi Waynne

Thank you for the welcome. When you say "box", do you mean have the filter in a seperate box, hypothetically speaking - a 5litre ice cream container with the top open and the filter inside? I am not quite getting that part. The cool air intake part makes alot of sense! Please can you clarify the first bit for me?

Thanks Dude
Shiven

A 5 litre ice cream box is about the right size - go a little larger if you can find one. (You may also need to remove the short end at the induction end as well to let the sound out and allow the induction filter to fit inside really easily.) Duct Tape is your friend - use liberally to join the cold air feed pipes to the airbox!

Also punch a small hole in the bottom of the box to let out any water or moisture that may gather or splash there - you really don't want this sucked into the engine.