toyota corolla 4e fe engine problem

AZUM

Wrench Pro
Car
peugeot 206 x line
Good Day,

Can anyone help me out with power lose in a toyota corolla 4e fe engine efi system please. Its a 1400 cc and recently i noticed that there is no power at all despite the trottle pressed to the floor.

thanks

Re: What is the best car to tune?

Hello Pgarner,

The car was serviced three days ago fuel, oil, plugs and air filters replaced. But power issue has been there for some time despite the interval services. It also tends to switch off on warm and cold engine usually when i slow down.

Where is the MAF in these cars (Toyota Corolla EE 111, 4E FE engine) fitted. A diagram would be great help.

Thanks

Re: What is the best car to tune?

sorry couldnt tell you where the maf is on the engine, normally they are close to the airfilter - 1st electrical connection. try disconnecting it and seeing if it runs better.

something else to think about may be the coolant sensors, if its having issues when hot/cold

Good Day,

I did the following one at a time:

1) Took the car for a drive without the airfilter it had slight power still switched off
2) Diconnected a plug may be sensor fitted to the airfilter box no change in power still switched off
3) Cleaned the throttle body this seem to help but only for a while
4) Complete clutch was replaced but no change in power

Anything that i have missed that i should look into:

Do the splines on the pressure plate matter if they are short or long??

Had a similar issue with a peugeot 206 apperently the new pressure plate had short splines and this would cause a sudden clutch release resulting in switching off the car or juddering unless i press down the throttle then the clutch would release suddenly but would not switch off.

thanks

thanks AZUM for the solution..I had also faced same problem few days back..and using these steps i resolved it..

Good Day freinds,

I have a DVD TVCD installed in my toyota which came with the car now the problem is that its all in Japanees language can anyone advise where i can get the English version software and the service manual in English please:

Model for the DVDis NDCT-W53E 36038

thanks