Tough Little Jimny

stamford

Pro Tuner
Car
MG ZS200
Well the wife's Jimny earned its spurs yesterday, Kathy was involved in an RTA, she was not at fault. However the poor little jeep is now expired and is a write off for sure.

20112009301.jpg

Most of the impact was as seen, but also found damage to the OSR wing. Insurance company have been excellent so far, as too the legal people and hire car dropped off within an hour of calling. Kathy is suffering whiplash and bruising and in some discomfort. Loss of earnings and injuries will be claimed for, Ocado do employ stupid van drivers!

Bit bemused that the airbag did not deploy from the drivers area, would have helped her a tad I reckon. Oh well, just waiting for next week when we'll see what the first offer is going to be....................:amuse:

clad shes ok
they can take a good wack had mine on its side last night in some mud pits and all there was this morning when i could see is two dents in the rear panel by the window same on both side as i went throu twice and got stock the 2nd time lol

Glad she is ok apart from the whiplash and bruising wishing her a speedy recovery :)

RIP Jimny

airbags are a law unto themselves, the ones in my peugeot didnt deploy during a head on crash

I'm just glad she is okay, but she did get upset when I told her it would be a write off. She loved that car. I don't think we'll be getting another after that, wouldn't like a side impact in one.

Might be getting an MG ZT-T CDT as a replacement, ideal for commuting and for the dogs. Kathy can use the Discovery as she likes to be high up!

That could have been really nasty. Airbags only deploy in certain situations. As it wasn't a dead head on there may have been enough rotation in the crash to prevent this. Glad she is OK and that the insurers are taking good care of you. Pass on my best wishes.

A jimny? You're asking the wrong person as I don't particularly like them! They are fine for town driving, useless for fast 'A' roads as they complain bitterly at speed and I mean anything over 55mph! However they are very capable off roaders with 2 or 4wd option, cheap to run and maintain. Kathy loved it but I have told her not to buy another as we have seen what can happen in a crash but wouldn't like her to experience a side impact as there is not much room for the occupants. I would advise a test drive first as they are not that refined and can be a bit of a culture shock!

thanks stamford, not my favourite either but for some bizarre reason my sister has taken a shine to them. (In her case the less speed the better when driving, shes not the most observant! - and frankly doubt the Jimny can really be slower than the Arosa she has at the moment). will suggest a test drive to her and see what she thinsk first,