Torque increase: how much it can be done and where in Europe!

florincepraga

Car
Honda Accord 2008
Hello everybody,

I am entirely new to this forum, so I do not know much about tunin.

I am considering buying a brand new Honda Accord sedan, 2.4 litres and 200 horse-power, semiautomatic transmission.

However, there is only one inconvenient about this car from my point of view and I would like to know if it can be solved somehow.

All I am interested in is increasing the car's torque. The tech specs for this car and engine say it develops 234 Newton-meters. I know it could sound odd, but the "minimum minimorum" for me is 240 Nm. (I do not want to buy a VW Passat CC 1.8 litre and 163 HP, 250 Nm simply because I just hate VW)

So, the minimum torque for me would be 280 Nm and optimum 320 Nm.
Does anybody know a company in Europe that can do that and do you have some contacts to provide for me?

P.S. I am not very interested in increasing horse-power. 200 HP is enough for me, I would just like to have more torque (and hopefully better acceleration).

Thank you for taking your time!

ok to start with torque and horsepower are related to each other in other words you can hav one without the other. its torque that is normally worked out on a rolling road and then converted to Hp.

ok to make it easier for our main members (Site is worldwide but most are based in UK ) conversions are below

234Nm is 172 Ftlb (what the accord has)
240Nm is 177 ftlb
280Nm is 206 Ftlb (Minimum you want)
320Nm is 236 ftlb

so you are looking at 60ftlb gain, eaiest way would be to supercharge the engine, hondas generally dont like turbos

welcome to torque cars mate, generally hondas dont have great torque
1.6 dohc vtecs dont have it good either, in the prelude 2.2 dohc vtec its good, only because of the size of the engine
you could buy a accord r vtec, youd still have the comfort ( probably better than the sedan) these have the same engine as the prelude, just that little bit more tuned though

if its a 4 door honda saloon thats comfortable and has 200 bhp with plenty of torque
the accord r is the easiest option, no superchargers or anything like that, just a nice family car saloon with plenty of grunt.. have a think about it anyway mate

ok to start with torque and horsepower are related to each other in other words you can hav one without the other. its torque that is normally worked out on a rolling road and then converted to Hp.

ok to make it easier for our main members (Site is worldwide but most are based in UK ) conversions are below

240Nm is 177 ftlb
320Nm is 236 ftlb

so you are looking at 60ftlb gain, eaiest way would be to supercharge the engine, hondas generally dont like turbos

hi mate just curious how do you convert nm to ftlb and ftlb to nm ???

Nm to Ftlb ... or multiply by 1.3sumthing or other

That is correct.
I took you exemple: I divided 234 Nm to 172 Ftlb and it shows 1.36.

So, I assume in order to convert from Nm to Ftlb:
divide Nm by 1.36 and you will get the Ftlb

In order to convert Ftlb to Nm:
multiply Ftlb bz 1.36 and you will get the Nm

240Nm is 177 ftlb
320Nm is 236 ftlb

Aha, I see. I have finally found out that there is a direct relation between horsepower and torque.

So, the more torque I want to get, the more horsepower I need.

But in this case, the fuel consumption would be higher!?! :confused:

Anyway, I hope that the extra 46 Nm or 34 Ftlb I want to get would not translate into a higher fuel consumption than 0.5 litres in the average/medium cycle. If it is like this or even lower, I assume it might be worthy.

I would also be interested in getting a better acceleration, if possible below 9 seconds. The current one is 9.7 second from 0 to 60 mp/h (100 km/h).

But it also depends on how much a specialized company would ask me to pay for the extra torque and implicitly for the extra horsepower. I have sent an e-mail to an UK-based company (unfortunately I forgot to which one) and I hope I will get an answer back asap.

I have sent an e-mail to an UK-based company (unfortunately I forgot to which one) and I hope I will get an answer back asap.

Well, I have just got the answer:
"Hi

There is nothing available to do what you need unfortunately"

I guess I should try somewhere else as well. :sad2:

yeah hp is (torque * rpm) divided by 5252

full exhaust, induction and a fast road cam will be a good start.

get your post count up and PM AutoCustomEng hes based in the uk and will change the engine to what you want