Torque car virgin

Donkeypowered

Car
C200 estate w202 97
Hello there,

I'm located in the South west of England.
I've got an 23 year old merc estate c200 sport that I bought nearly a year ago. I bought the car through necessity, with 3 months MOT, fairly cheaply at 550.
To my surprise, it flew through with only advisories on the tires.
I've grown quite attached to the vehicle, mercs are cool and they think of the little things. My favourite it the turning circle, for an estate it turns better than most small cars.
But the sorry old 2l petrol 'sport' engine is tired....
So once I get more cash rolling in. I'd like to maybe invest some money into doing the girl up. From suspension, to pipes hoses, engine mounts, breaks, wheels, seats, transmission, engine and a general bit of TLC upkeep and necessary replacement or upgrades.

I know it would make more sense to get a better model merc, but I could make a nice little tame sleeper while holding on to a pretty solid and in my opinion cool shaped car and retain that little bit of history.. any body else done anything similar?

Hello and welcome |B

Sounds like you have a project coming and you may want to fit another more powerful motor sometime so please keep us informed of the highs and lows as you go .

Love the C200 shape as well. They are pretty solid cars, definately from the Mercedes better years in build quality terms.

Cams and supercharger kit would make a massive power gain for you.

I saw an insane wide body conversion on one of these, and the flared arches and deep skirts looked stunning but thats not a sleeper mod really, it's quite in your face.

Hello and a very warm, welcome to TorqueCars from me the admin!

Keep reading the articles on our site and this forum... you'll pick up loads of good common sense tips and don't be afraid to post questions, were all here to share our knowledge and experience.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back