TopGear Sun 20 Mar 2011

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What were your thought on this weeks TopGear? They had an innovative solution for dealing with the problem of snow?

I have to agree with their idea of turning farming equipment into snow ploughs and stuff, Farmers already help out when they can, why not pay them and give them some equipment to do the job properly?

Amber Heard .....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!

that's what I mean, pay em something and give them the equipment to do the job properly and they'll be happy to get out in their tractors and we''ll be happy because we'll be able to get out in our cars, maybe not planes though landing's a bit hairy :lol:

note that SEPA (Scottish Environmental Protection Agency) has warned farmers, and everyone including councils, that if they take snow off the road (i.e. to clear it so people can get around) and dump it in fields - where else is it to go - they will face prosecution and fines for pollution. IMBECILES.
In rural Scotland the farmers are and invaluable source when the snow hits as unlike the council (at least P&K) they arent afraid to drive around in the snow and clear the roads. But the combine idea is great, someone should market the attachments for this (not sure about the gritting device and flame thrower though)!. Well done to TG.