Topgear Last nights show - what did you think

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
I don't have a TV so really feel that I've missed out here. 7.6 million people watched the show - what did you think about it. Was it good - what were the best bits and worst bits? Any nice cars? Is JC still as annoying as ever?

I hear they showed Hammonds crash - is there an online version I can watch of this accident?

I really enjoyed the show. I liked a bit where they worked 24 hours to re tarmac a road, jamie oliver was the celeb driving the car round the track, he wrote one off in his practice - it was funny :lol: , the crash looked really horrible - its amazing how he survived :shock:

JC is still as annoying as ever!

hooray that top gear is back, its the only reason for paying for your tv lisence these days. they had the new jag xkr 4.2l V8 supercharged compared to the AM V8 Vantage. good to see little hammond back.

controversal (but brilliant) qoute from JC at the end "goodnight and remember that speed kills" before the camera focuses on hammond.

btw was neck and neck with a new AM V8 Vantage on the motorway the other day - yes it was a traffic jam but hay-ho thats my claim to fame

Mr Hammond got off very very lightly. He's a capable driver. Surely the land speed record thing is obscure. Most modern light aircraft will max over 300mph with ease. The problem with a car is keeping it on the ground. Hence the tyre loading. Far better to add wings with lift rather than downforce and accept the limitations according to physics.

The crash was awesome; he's a lucky man for sure. I wonder if he was taller would he have come of worse? The car/rocket sure suck in the ground.

I like Clarkson, yeah he's a knob but he doesn't try to hide it.

I must say though that Clarkson having a dig at the ppl accused of racism on big brother was a bit hypocritical. Most weeks he abuses every nationality that ain't British.

But all in all it's great to see top gear back and still going fast.

Thanks for the link slickshoes - at last i have now seen the footage of the crash. It looked really nasty.

They made a good start to the new season. Hammond was looking a bit ill still but considering what he went through he is a lucky man to be alive. I should admit that I was expecting a more impressive jet car than the one in the show it looked a bit blue peter to me a sort of stretched ariel atom crossed with the delorean from back to the future.