TopGear 30 Jan 2011 thread

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What did you think of this weekends show then?

Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May go head-to-head against their opposite numbers from Australian Top Gear in a car-based version of The Ashes. With disciplines including rallying, drifting and an Aussie version of double-decker car racing, it's an all-out grudge match that will almost certainly end in tears.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00yb5jr/Top_Gear_Series_16_Episode_2/

sorry will be on the ball this week lol

but must say who ever the new stig is they must teach better as all the times seem to be much quicker

The Transit van was a nice suprise. I really didn't expect it to have a Jag XJ220 engine installed. That has to be the ultimate sleeper! I like!

Transit was nice, as soon as I saw the inside picture of the thing, I knew it had had something done, from all the dials on the dash. I would like to see top gear do the same thing again with the yanks. But ''cheet'' a little and have every challenge on a nice twisty track! lol

Wonder how much work it was to stuff that engine in it?:blink:

It's not just the engine installed, it's a complete body off job. The entire chassis and running gear from the XJ are underneath the thing. Thats how it can run the XJ wheels, saw it go up Goodward's hill climb course last year, year before? it sounds amazing with the TT'd V6 and 550bhp.

But i would rather have this

Brundle84.jpg