Top mod of 2014

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Ok then so what do you think the top modification of 2014 will be?

Will there be something new or will the old ones still dominate the parts suppliers shelves?

Carbon fibre wheels, will bodykits make a comeback, ECU remaps and induction kits or sports exhausts?

Are mods dying a death through legislation and regulation?

I personally think we shall see more carbon fibre products coming through, the price for some items are slowly becoming more affordable - not in my case it would seem :sad2:

There seem to be more ECU remappers out there and many more individuals buying the various software to have a go themselves. Not altogether sure this is a good thing or not, but it will help to bring the price of a remap down and therefore bring enhanced performance to those who would not ordinarily have it done to their car.

When I first saw this I thought you were trying to get yourself an award :)
If we are talking car mods then I would say possibly turbo charging could make leaps and bounds next few years. F1 are going to be putting a lot of research and development into this area which can only be a good thing for us.

Im with adam on turbos being the biggest improver.

There is a new generation of twin scroll turbos coming onto the market and with F1 engines using them that investment will soon show serious improvements ( I hope :mrgreen: )

I am all for a much higher performing turbo if the size does not prove to be prohibitive. The problem with the beasts engine bay is that it is very cramped being a FWD car.

I think they will make turbos that can create more power but keep them as small as possible. More power and fast spool times are a winner for me. Exciting times :)

Turbocharged engines are delightful to drive in recent years. Ford's Ecoboost engines are amazing.

That's going to be the way forward for me although maybe not this year.
Its getting more difficult to sustain the v6 petrol engines.