to supercharge or to turbocharge...........that is the question

There are no clear cut answers to this, both supercharging and Turbocharging have their merits and demerits, Simply put, Supercharging will take away some of the power you get as it will require engine power to drive it, while turbocharging uses the kinetic energy of waste exhaust gas, of course , turbocharging will put a restriction on the exhaust gas, so it is all not that rosy.There are more factors to both types , which I won't go into here

Nice mid range supercharger for the bottom and mid range and a nice huge turbo that only kicks in at about 4500-5000rpms for emense boost ;) Or just a big supercharger :)

Both in an ideal world.

However, "both" is a pain in the buttocks. It will require a lot of work.

Superchargers apply boost fairly evenly across all rpms.

Turbochargers tend to apply more boost at higher rpms, but not much at low rpms.

All is possible, a couple I did
turbo crx

03062008058.jpg

03062008056.jpg

Supercharged fiat Marea
engine1.jpg

engine2.jpg

would really like your thoughts on the pros and cons of each guys............................

so I take it you are looking into forced induction for your car?

I would go for a centrifugal supercharger (preferably a rotrex unit rather than vortech) on your engine because you get a smooth and continuos power delivery and it's a high revving engine so it will suit it the best

for example:
this guy was the first person to supercharge his gti-6: and he now sells the conversion though his mate in 250hp forms or 400hp, his has the 400 bhp
conversion and the power graph look like this,

http://www.lynxpowerengineering.co.uk/images/sc/highboostdyno.jpg

the head and cams are completely standard on there as well