To Remap or not to Remap

stormforce

Wrench Pro
I have a question please finally got rid of that sluggish 307 siemens ecu 90 bhp heap that would not pull you out of bed.

I have a C3 now a great torqey little number 1.4hdi and 70bhp
But can be a bit slow away from the lights and labours a bit in second if below say 12 mph

Is it worth getting it re mapped to what one tuner claims to 95 bhp or do I just leave it alone.

I worry about getting it tuned to high with only being a 1.4 engine and only an 8 valve.

And the car only has small wheels and thin tyres so I worry a little about safety.

Thanks for your time................Paul[/quote]

Safety depends on how you exploit the power. Personally the remap sounds good to me if its a TD otherwise I cant see the power gain being as much as that. Its probably the cheapest and best power increase you can get. Lower CC engines tend to be failry tolerent of power gains like that.

Hi Wayne

thanks for your reply.
The engine is the 1.4 hdi low emission diesel.

I am unsure as to whether it is a turbo diesel though now you mention it. :!:

I thought all diesels were turbo these days :?:

hi i have a c2 gt ant want to make it quicker what would a re-map do cuz my mates say that it would not do alot

Diesel Turbo's tend to get better results than N/A petrol engines.
If you have a N/A petrol car and want a remap then you are better off sorting an induction kit (with cold air feed) and then the exhaust system including manifold and remove the cat or put a sports cat on. More aggressive cams will help but will alter driveability. If you do these things before the remap you will see better gains. Doing the remap without any of these mods is useless more or less on a N/A petrol.

Hi,
A remap on the 1.4 hdi has to be done on the bench, so ECU out and a new remapped chip fitted. But these get very good gains 45bhp/45nm torque.
The C2 GT gains 10bhp/17nm torque, also good gains for a light car...:)
We can do remap the 1.4 HDI via obd no prob...same with the C2 GT!!

Last edited:
cams are worth while on those engines, if you get cams and a map and the air box mods and an exhaust and sports cat, i reckon 150hp should be possible from the 1.6 16v,

and as for your remap sir, simple answer really, do it!

If the OP hasnt got his car mapped yet then a remap from me takes it to 97bhp n 155lb/ft of torque. The ecu doesnt need to come out, can be done through the OBD port.