Tips for extra performance?

Lance Armpong

Car
Saab 900 turbo vert
Hello All

I have a 96 900se vert FPT and recently had an Abbott Racing upgrade on the ECU which they estimated would give me an extra 40 bhp, i must say its fantastic improvement... does anyone now if there is anything else i can do to squeeeeze a bit more bhp at a low cost? someone said that i might consider a new dump valve to handle the increased power?

Thanks

Hi Lance and welcome to TorqueCars, Where are you from? Glad you are getting the car modding bug!

Have a look at performance intercoolers and turbo upgrade options. These are your main next options unless you take the head apart and go with gas flowing, polishing and porting.

welcome along.

the dump valve wont do much
- if its open looped then it will help allow the turbo to spool up but doubt it will add power.
- if its closed loop a dump valve isnt nice for the engine as the ECU knows that there will be air from the DV going back to the inlet

have a look at induction kits and exhausts ,downpipes and sports cats

Depends on what you consider as low cost. I just installed a JT 3in from the turbo back exhaust on my 94 9000 Aero and with out a tune it upped my torque and hp enough that my buddy who has an 05 G35 coupe is now wondering how I keep up with him so easily . Cost of the whole exhaust kit was only $495 USD. So it should be cheaper where you are at since you won't have to pay for shipping to the states.

Hello All

I have a 96 900se vert FPT and recently had an Abbott Racing upgrade on the ECU which they estimated would give me an extra 40 bhp, i must say its fantastic improvement... does anyone now if there is anything else i can do to squeeeeze a bit more bhp at a low cost? someone said that i might consider a new dump valve to handle the increased power?

Thanks
hi lance the next steps for more power won,t be cheat i take its a t5 engine red di cassette unit on engine?way i would go is 3"down pipe a must and upgrade the ecu program again.the dump valve that comes with the car is capable of coping with the mods u already have if money is the problem i would leave this alone.