Tinting ?

you can have light smoke tints on the driver and passengers side windows, you can have limo tint on the rear windows and back window, you can have a sun strip on the front window but you cant tint the front window

70% VLT on the windscreen and front sides - this is normally what the manufacture has them at when they leave the factory so means a no no on the front 3.

dont think theres a limit on the other ones

It's illegal for any (non-factory) tint to be put on the front 3 windows (in the UK). You still can't completely black out the rears. I can't remember the exact figures though.

it has changed recently and i found the following on google

http://www.ukwindowtints.co.uk/Law.htm said:
THE LAW ON TINTED WINDOWS

How dark a car windscreen tint can I have?
There are legal limits specifying how dark tinted windows can be on a vehicle:

behind the B Post (ie rear passenger windows and rear screen) there are no limits
side windows in front of the B Post (ie front passenger windows) must allow 70% of light through
front windscreens must allow 75% of light through
Be careful whether the tint you are considering blocks 70% of light or allows through 70% of light. For front windows the regulations are about the amount of light that is allowed through. Also be aware that if you have a factory tint that blocks 10%, you will only be able to block an additional 20%.

Window tints are not checked on the annual MoT test - the cost of the equipment required at every MoT centre would be excessive. Window and windscreen tints are the responsibility of VOSA. If you are stopped by the police and found to have excessively tinted windows, you will be required to remove the tint. Driving with illegally tinted windows may invalidate your insurance. Limo style all round tints are illegal in the UK.

Why are there limits to the amount of windscreen tint allowed?
The window tint limits required are primarily for safety reasons. In dull conditions and at night, the driver's ability to see is severely hampered by excessive tints. Not all countries have regulations as strict as the UK. In these countries a number of road deaths have been directly attributed to the driver being unable to see properly through a heavily tinted front windscreen. In addition it is helpful for other road users to be able to see the driver of the vehicle, particularly at junctions.

Motorcyclists are also subject to laws restricting tinted helmet visors.

None of the four cars on the left would be street legal for driving on UK roads.

I know some police get funny when it comes to tints.
So I just tinted my back two rear passenger windows in smoke and kept the rear window clear.

here in montenegro they are banned...me and my frend had one on his golf gti,also had some stickers on the headlights for agresive look,and he had to take them off in order to register his car...but the sunstrip was realy big and it coverd 1/3 of the windsream....not sure about regular smal sunstripes...

I heard about not touching the sunstrip on a few forums and a poilce forum not 100% sure.

100% sure. We had to remove my son's strip at the MOT station before they would pass it. All part of the 75% windcreen regs. Arera swept by blades must allow 75% of available light through.

One side effect of fittng 100% opaque tints to rear windows is that toll booths may class your car as a van and charge more :)

you can go as dark as you want on the back.

Well, it's only like having a van,

and you do run the risk of making you car look like one when the front's are standard and the backs are as black as you can go,

anyone thought of other colours rather than just black?