Time taken to clean a car

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What is the shortest and longest time you have spent cleaning your car?

My fastest thorough wash time was 10 minutes, my longest is about 6 hours which included a polish, then a wax and application of wheel sealer. The car looked stunning and I wish I could spend this long each time but I have to make do with a quick job and take around 30 minutes or so.

Big cars do seem to take a lot longer to clean than small ones.

Me personally, under the bonnet only and about an hour as I do this quite regularly. Others on my car? now that's a different story; anywhere from 25 minutes to 9 hours depending on what I am having done and who's doing the valeting ;)

I used to do alot of detailing many years ago but cannot be bothered these days, my back can't cope with it anymore! So my cleaning is frequently and about 30 mins. My cars are not show standard so don't merit 8 hours graft.

Normally it takes me an hour. I clean the inside aswell.... Bath the car with warm water first then shampoo it using turtle wax then rinse off.... Leaves the car all shiny! :D

Need some decent wax though....

Last edited:
anytime i do my car i spend alot of hours on it usually start around 9am and finish late afternoon, my van is another matter that just goes through the car wash and in fact will be doing again later

I usually give the cars a full deep valet when I buy the and maybe a smaller one when I wish to sell them, I'm half way through cleaning my latest right now, Not easy as it has a beige interior ant the owner had children, a dog and no vacuum cleaner it seems, So half a day yesterday and another half day in the week and it should look half decent