Tigra engine swap

CitizenErazed

Torque Junkie
Car
1.4 Tigra MK1
Hey, I'm looking at doing an engine swap for my MK1 Tigra, I was wondering what sugestions people had, I'm aware that I can't just shove a 6.5 L engine in their because of size and chasis strength etc... so what can I go to? Don't worry about gearbox etc.. all will be uprated, I just want to know what my options are for engines, how far can I go and how much will it cost, or, what a more cost effective engine that still gives good power increase.

As a side note, me and my mate both put our reg plates into that text your reg plate thing the other day, he has a 1.6 Astra, my tigras only a 1.4 yet our acceleration was the same but my top speed was higher... so I wont be wanting his slow engine Lol.

Not 100% sure on what fits an what doesn't. But I'd say your best bet is either a 2 litre turbo from the Calibra or a V6. Both will prob be quite expensive mate.

so I suppose then it'd be between GM's Y32SE or Y26SE dependent on cost with insurance and MPG? I can turbo them later down the line.

I was hoping to keep the engine swap to about 1,500 to 2,000 after I've sold off my current 1.4 engine (not sure who'd wanna buy that though)including changing the housing, ECU change etc.. Also from looking at: http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/index.php?act=viewDoc&docId=21 I think I will be wanting that flywheel.

Am I right in assuming if I go for the Y32SE or Y26SE I will want a six speed F28 gearbox?