Tigra 1.4 engine mods 1998

chrisclev03

Car
Tigra A 1998 1.4
Hi everyone!

I've got a 1998 tigra 1.4 :love: and am finally finished with all the cosmetic modifications, I'm now thinking of altering some engine bits... what would you recommend for performance without swapping the engine?

Cheers, Chris.:D

Hello and welcome to the site mate

sorry mate but not what your probably wanting to hear but why not swapping the engine ?
if your wanting to keep it NASP 1.4 - im not sure on how these would take to charging -
then look at changing the whole exhaust from the engine not just the back box or the cat back
free flowing filter in the standard airbox maybe modified a bit to get more cold air into it - you may find £10 ducting and a £20 filter give as good a gains as a £180 induction kit.
cams - fast road profile
head gas flowed with the cam
chipping - think these are too old to be mapped so its an ECU out job. this will also need to be a custom job if youve done alot of work

and i dont think youd see as much power as dropping in the 2ltr xe engine

even after all this i doubt you

i know on the c14xe a powerbox (inlet manifold) coupled with a airfilter, exhaust and chip has made up to 25-30hp gains!

you are probably looking at around £1k for this;)

Hi everyone!

I've got a 1998 tigra 1.4 :love: and am finally finished with all the cosmetic modifications, I'm now thinking of altering some engine bits... what would you recommend for performance without swapping the engine?

Cheers, Chris.:D
I purchased a regrind for the cams buying a separate set pretty cheap really send them to piper cost just short 300 quid for ultimate road i would however suggest a hone and polish head and relapping of valves and double springs with new rockers and nipples took my 1.2 to 1.4 and pushed power to 129bhp 140 torque was booked for a tune to balance flow etc but I was too eager and someone killed it at a junction w/o dead soldier Gutted was not enough of an explanation