Throttle Body

Massive

Torque Master
Car
Clio 172 Cup
Well i was lookin through this thread in gen car chat, and i stubbled across one for my rover, now, what i want to know is how will is benifit my engine?

and will i have to take off my air filter?
how much performance will i gain/loose?
how can i use the body to its "nth" degree?

thnks Mass

1) yes but you could get / build a custom airbox for it, or get a plate machined for it to fit a filter onto each trumpet
2) most applications i have heard about normally get around 100bhp per litre so your looking at 130-140bhp
3) dont fully understand. the trottle bodies replace your standard throttle body and allow a better airflow into each cylinder

so they wouldnt really benefit power then :s any ideas where i might find a performance one, doubt it though, no one does many parts for rovers :'(

one more thing, is there a diff between my I model and a Si model? cos i found a power boost valve for Si but not I

lol sorry more stuff :D

found this website, but which would fit on my car? then would it fit onto my new engine k series 2.0L T?

http://www.jenvey.co.uk/

nvm seen it might have to ring them up, but will have to save up big time for one :s

Last edited:
ok that link wont work jenvey.co.uk
select throttle bodys on the left and scroll down its near enough right at the bottom.
K series engine
1.4 1.6 and 1.8
direct to head throttle bodies

yea seen it, would it actually be worth puttin the throttle body on the 1.4 is hopefully in a few years ill be gettin the 2.0L T engine?

As long as the cars still in good condition sell it in a few years and buy something newer.
itll give someone a good base to work from and youll ave a nice shiny new car :blink1:

dont plan on sellin it :p gonn keep it for a run around car, well a fast run around car!
and buy myself a shiny new car anyway :D ill treat myself after chrimbo to a new throttle body :D

dont you have to buy like fuel injectors fuel sensors ect for this you cant just bolt on some throttle bodies can you because i have the same car and i found a kit for about 1,800 ??

Do you have a 1.4 k series?

The early 1.4s had a 56mm TB as standard, however it would not open fully.

The later engines had a 48mm TB (even the vvc) and the vvc160 benefitted from a 52mm TB.

On a standardish 1.4 you would see no real benefit from modifying the 56mm to open fully, nor would you from fitting a 56mm or 52mm to a 1.4 with a 48mm as standard (maybe 1-2bhp)

I had a 1.8 solid cam running 155bhp with a 56mm TB modified to open fully and it worked well (even if the throttle was a little jerky)

Some people believe the 56mm is overkill and actually causes the inlet air to loose velocity and can make the engine bog down in lower revs, i never found this was the case, then again my engine was fairly heavily modified so on a 1.4 or 1.6 it may well be the case.

52mm TBs usually go for between £90-120 and 56mm go for around £20-30

Beware if you buy a 56mm tb there are two different types (one from the t series 2.0 turbo and one from the 1.4 k seires) they have different sensors on them

HTH :blink1:

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back