Thoughts on these additions

Aerial Andy944

The Torque Meister
Car
VW Golf GT TDi 200
Looking to restart on the body restoration again this year and found some bits that might look good. Been looking for a front splitter I like for a while and this one with the GT2 corner pieces look nice I think. Twin headlight conversion is interesting and the lights pop up only half the height of the original, BMW 8 series or Honda NSX style. Bonnet vents look quite purposeful and might help with under bonnet cooling issues if I do any more to the engine. Side skirts make car look lower and my current side trims look a bit tatty close up. What do you think about some racing stripes aswell on my blue paintwork bit OTT got to get a respray done this year after correcting some rust spots around the sunroof. Opinions please guys and any other styling sites you recommend. Deutsch nine is the company that makes these parts

Attachments

• 944-rs-front-splitter-02M.jpg
    944-rs-front-splitter-02M.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 7
  • dual-headlight-conversion-01M.jpg
    dual-headlight-conversion-01M.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 4
  • dual-headlight-conversion-02M.jpg
    dual-headlight-conversion-02M.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 3
  • porsche-944-turbo-951-03M.jpg
    porsche-944-turbo-951-03M.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 5
  • porsche-944-turbo-951-01M.jpg
    porsche-944-turbo-951-01M.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 4
A single white stripe off center would look good. As would a nice white racing chequered flag down the rear quarter.

Not too sure on the twin headlights, you'd have to keep them partially open all the time for people to notice and it will look broken! What about replacing it with a set of fixed frog eye lights like the ones I've seen on a GTO?

I really like the vents and the headlights but the rest is verging on The Fast and the Furious tbh, Porsche did a good job of the 944 (as do a lot of car makers) I don't think you should mess about too much with how it looks tbh.

If you do change the bonnet though I'd be looking for fibreglass or CF if you can afford it to save some weight ;)

I quite liked the twin headlight units, not seen a 944 before with these fitted. Seen a few of these conversions though, the GTS fixed lights like the 924 Carrera GT had. Both conversions are around £750 :shock: Save 13kg by taking out the lifting mechanism and motor though ;) Have bought a vented badge panel off Ebay this week which is fibreglass for £70, better then the £300 Design 911 wanted for there's. I like the bonnet vents aswell just got to look for a fibreglass bonnet now which I can cut into to fit them.

Attachments

• gts-headlights-01.jpg
    gts-headlights-01.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 3
  • gts-headlights-04.jpg
    gts-headlights-04.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 1
those stripes look really great...about front spliter and side skirt styling company called Fisher made body kit for 944...here are some pics so take a look

:lol:

im buyin this one its 1986 944...163 bhp(stock)there are no tuning changes on it exept spilberg exost...its 2200 euros...

im buyin this one its 1986 944...163 bhp(stock)there are no tuning changes on it exept spilberg exost...its 2200 euros...

Hi 944 man

Is this your first Porsche? Looks pretty good body from pics.
£2000 is strong money for a base 944 lux, has to be really mechanically good for that money. Make sure it's had its belts, rollers, tensioners and water pump done recently as these must be done every 4 years without fail to avoid problems. Everything else is pretty strong.
Planning on any other mods apart from the boosting option in your other post? Will this be a road car or track?
Well done on saving another 944

Andy

hi man...actualy its not with me yet)))))i have a agreement with the owner to wait for me until i make my marks better in school))))))hope i get it in this month....this guy almost didnt drive it at all in last 5 years soo that could be a problem....but my father is workin with cars and i allready learnt a lot about soo i can fix any problems)))and it has no rust at all...about tuning i hope u guys will help me couse im not sure were to start))) what u advise me to do first??
im from montenegro and we dont have any tracks at all here((((...so it will be road car but ill go as close to a track car as i can)))here 944 are extremly rear...there are only 2 more in my city...(as far as i know)

377d1265757447t-thoughts-these-additions-944-rs-front-splitter-02m.jpg

I do quite like that front bumper TBH the lip on the bottom looks great IMO.

That GT2 splitter is calling out to me to "buy me buy me" I think it might be on an air frieght plane soon :bigsmile: Think I'll leave the stripes off don't want to be too conspicuous :embarrest:

that spliter is really awesome....it gets my vote too...stripes look really really awesome on it for me....that will be first styling change on mine)))))

they dont have to be painted...there is almost no diference beetven painted and sticked ...me and my friend have put them on his golf gti...bought sticker for 10 euros and everythink was done)))

hi man...actualy its not with me yet)))))i have a agreement with the owner to wait for me until i make my marks better in school))))))hope i get it in this month....this guy almost didnt drive it at all in last 5 years soo that could be a problem....but my father is workin with cars and i allready learnt a lot about soo i can fix any problems)))and it has no rust at all...about tuning i hope u guys will help me couse im not sure were to start))) what u advise me to do first??
im from montenegro and we dont have any tracks at all here((((...so it will be road car but ill go as close to a track car as i can)))here 944 are extremly rear...there are only 2 more in my city...(as far as i know)

Mine was sat in a garage for 4 years. A damn good engine service required then. As said front engine rebuild so belts, rollers, tensioners, water pump etc etc. I'll look up where the workshop and parts manual can be found if you want, I've got it somewhere:confused: These cars don't like sitting around they like to be used otherwise things seem to break for no reason so expect some teething problems when it's put back into use, remember it's 24 years old now.

Andy