Thoughts on leather seats

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What are your thoughts on Leather seats?

Hot in summer and cold in winter? Easy to clean? Better or worse looking that cloth or other fabrics? What about half leather?

What is your personal preference?

i got half leather.but mine have cloth middles to the seats, best of both worlds.

leather gets hot and sweaty after a long drive.

Mine have half leather (my seat is a bucket so not a problem :blink1:) prior to that it was never an issue. My old Calibra had black leather seats and they were nice seats but not ideal in summer as they were all black. Great in winter as they were heated! Worse seats I have come across were in a Saab 9000, they were like sitting on an ice rink, slippy as hell and no bolsters to keep you in position!

Got heated leather seats in both Golf GT and Porsche. Think it depends on type of leather and colour. The Golf is hard and Porsche soft, both cream colour so reflect the heat. Prefer the Porks seats even though they're 20 years old it's like a comfy pair of slippers (god I'm getting old!) and with my back.....(getting older) Fortunately can always put the climate control on to quickly bring the cabin tempertures down. That's when we get some sun!

im looking for the OEM leather recardos. finally seen them in a bora and looking nice. still cant afford the grand odd for them just now

I'm loving the leather in my Alfa. I think most of the people that don't like leather aren't really used to it tbh. I've never had it in one of my owns cars before now, never liked it in anybody elses car either. In fact, now most coth just feels cheap and nasty. I've been spoiled :(

Leather doesn't get hot and sweaty, that's what air con/climate control is for ;)

not liking mine in this weather tbh it gets far too hot when car is sat on the drive, much prefer leather to cloth seats in general though, that is until i decide to the front seats outta the truck and fit buckets :)

The leathers great in the winter as they are heated but in the summer, if wearing shorts they get really uncomfortable and sticky,

I like the look of them but I do not like how hot they get in the summer. Some leather seats kinda hurt after a while if its hard leather.

the only downside to my leather is that it marks quite easy i have a few indents where the baby seat has been apart from that its great!!!

I`ve got half leather in my GT but would rather have full leather, thats gonna be my first real mod methinks.