this made me laugh

Trust me they are about
when i run me own garage i sent the new boy 7 miles to get me 16 valve clearances
phoned the motor factors up and told him what i had done so when he got there he asked him if i wanted metric or AF
he came all the way back and asked me what i wanted so i said metric
when he got got back to the motor factors he told them i wanted metric
and Dave said sorry but we only have AF

We used to get the new lads to look for spark plug gaps, top water hoses for the old Beetle, metric screwdrivers and left handed hammers

I sent one of our old work experience lads down the local motor factors for some 'performance air' to go in the rear tyres of a merc SLK. The soppy tit came back with a blue carrier bag that had been inflated with a knot in the top and "CAUTION PERFORMANCE AIR" written on the side, which he proceeded to hand over with a vacant ere-ar. I laughed so hard I had to sit down.

i was told to get a glass hammer once, the funny thing is you can actually get one, its made from the resin or something from glass, so the joke was on my employer when i came back with one HAHA

Yip massive and you can also get Left handed screwdrivers, i was given a set a while ago the only difference is the grip.

asking someone to get the sky hooks is good as well.

1st page was good where he thougt they were taking the .... outa him was good until he relised he had been taken for a mug

i really wish people would read up on vehicles before they go to a parts store. If you are lucky enough to have a decents shop like pepboys or schucks/checkers (in the states) 9 times out of 10 they won't mess with ya. all it takes is about 1 week to understand your car enough to work on it, take the time people.

This really made me chuckle. I think people will beleive anything if it comes from a credible source. Just off to get a "long wait" and a "sky hook".:lol:

my sister said to a new person starting in her shop to go and get a box of electrons lol.(she was a typical blond)

BUT the best bit was the woman that the new girl asked to help who worked in wilkinsons actually went looking for a box of electrons lol

in the shop i used to part time in. we has a customer bring his car in for major repairs. when i asked him what was wrong he said bad gas. i asked him what type he put in and he said diesel since it was cheaper than unleaded. he was driving a subura wrx sti. makes me wonder how he could afford the car if he couldn't afford unleaded gas. lol

i know had to "go answer the phone" to keep from buusting out with laughter right then and there. he decided to save like 5 bucks in gas and it cost him a ton more for the repairs. i really think they should make it manditory to go through an automobile familiarization course, ya know just the basics of what things are, what they do and why you need the correct parts. would same us some headaches, of course we would lose quite a few laughs to light the people that fall for needing headlight fluid.