This can't be good...

Most other EU countries already have pretty tight rules on modified cars. The UK has always had a place for car enthusiasts and a long history of custom cars.

Laws like this do threaten our hobby but it's the minority of idiots that bolt things on that fall off again or cause an accident or make a general nuisance of themselves and we all get to suffer for it.

It won't be the first silly unworkable ill thought out law to come out of legislature either!

Most other EU countries already have pretty tight rules on modified cars. The UK has always had a place for car enthusiasts and a long history of custom cars.

Laws like this do threaten our hobby but it's the minority of idiots that bolt things on that fall off again or cause an accident or make a general nuisance of themselves and we all get to suffer for it.

It won't be the first silly unworkable ill thought out law to come out of legislature either!

Agreed! There is always a group of idiots or an individual who through shear stupidity try to ruin everything for those us who are responsible modified car owners.

I doubt they would bring it in tbh it would harm the economy quite a bit. IMHO This seems to be a red herring like that curved banana law which never came to be.

and if you notice in the article it says EC not EU I mean its been about 14 years since the ECC ended so i am very skeptical.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back