Thinking of upgrading my car engine

sfo

Hi everybody,
I am from Malaysia....i dun know the car which i am using is same as you all there....I am using a Proton Wira 1.6 XLI for almost fifithteen years.

Lately, i upgraded my car spark pulg to Bosh Iridium and plantinium...and do found that is very good.

However, i still would like to know how to improve my car.....so i am also considering to changed my transmission gear....from automatic to mannual.

then, i also would like to know let say if i want to upgrading my car engine....what shall i do?

HI sfo and welcome to TorqueCars. You have looked after your car from what you are saying. I would get an induction kit (Sports air filter) some fast road cams and then I would get better suspension to help to improve the handling. What is it like buying parts in Malaysia? I presume that Penang would be a good place to start looking.

Thanks for your replied...indeed i am planning to have my car repainting and doing some touch-up of my car while there are some place which already rust....u know i do thinking abt what u mentioned. Some people (malaysia forum side) given me some tips and do not know does it applying at your side...

They call me to oversized the throttle body, lightened and dampened crank pulley, ported and polished cylinder head, and lastly change Hi Compression piston.

It seems i have to spend lots of money.