Thinking of a Vinyl wrap

dandy

Car
Peugeot 206 cc
hi guys,

i just signed up to this forum coz i just bought a 2006 peugeot 206 cc car and want to vinyl wrap it.

so its original color is silver and it has red and black leather seats.

i want to wrap it in black matte vinyl and like have a tribal but a bit girly (am a girl lool) design on it.:love:

i was wondering if you guys can tell me the pros and cons of vinyl wrapping, like:

-will it look good on my car?

-would it damage the paint underneath it?

-if i want to peel it off and the car already has accident marks will it peel off with the vinyl?

-how much would it cost?

-if my car is convertible will the vinyl look good on the rooftop or will it peel on the edges?

-should i do it black vinyl first and then stick the red design on it? or does it come in a whole printed 1 piece thing?

-if i bump the car, is it easy to replace the vinyl?

and could u guys like show me some designs that might work with a peugeot??

thanks for ur help :D

It will look very good. Matt black with a glossy black vinyl wrap would look cool. Have a peek at www.carstylingtips.com and search for vinyl wraps and the fli show car is matt black with glossy black features.

Only apply the wrap to body parts, a soft roof will cause it to stretch and warp.

Generally and this depends on the installer and the quality of the original paint work it should actually protect the paint and peel off cleanly.

If the paint is bubbling away or not properly bonded then it may lift.

Ask the installers about repairs to vinyl. If I were you I'd leave the damage prone areas in matt black so it is easier to fix, do a design on the bonnet and top parts of the doors and wings. Again repairs are generally simple and just a matter of sticking the vinyl back on.

i want to wrap it in black matte vinyl and like have a tribal but a bit girly (am a girl lool) design on it.:love:

i was wondering if you guys can tell me the pros and cons of vinyl wrapping, like:

-will it look good on my car?
My personal opinion is no. But it's your car.

-would it damage the paint underneath it?
No. It is essentially a big sticker. It will be a pain to take off though.

-if i want to peel it off and the car already has accident marks will it peel off with the vinyl?
I doubt it. It will probably just cover it up.

-how much would it cost?
Anywhere between £1000-1500 is what I've heard. In theory, the smaller the car, the lower the cost.

-if my car is convertible will the vinyl look good on the rooftop or will it peel on the edges?
Assuming it's a hardtop it should act just the same as the rest of the car.

-should i do it black vinyl first and then stick the red design on it? or does it come in a whole printed 1 piece thing?
I'd assume it to be 2 seperate layers.

-if i bump the car, is it easy to replace the vinyl?
I would imagine you'd have to have the entire panel re-done.

More information:

- You have to take constant care of it (even in the winter). Much more care than paint requires. This includes washing it once a week.

- A very well cared after one will still only last from around 3 to 5 years.

- Inside the bonnet and the door shuts can be difficult to do.

- You don't have to tell the DVLA (where as a full respray you do) as it is only a temporary colour change.

I saw that purple GT-R in the flesh and it looked awesome. I didn't realise it was a wrap until I read about it in Evo mag! ;)

The car underneath is gun metal grey, a rather boring colour, I quite like that purple, Infact I'd quite like to get my car done in midnight purple like the r33 skylines...

By the way, I'm an evo mag subscriber ;)

Last edited: