Things every driver should try

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What would go on your list of things that every driver should try or experience.

Reversing through a drive through take away and saying the drivers window is stuck!

A skid pan session should also be on the list along with a track day session.

Indicating when moving between lanes!

Handbrake turn (In a safe environment only)

Driving at high speed in reverse then turning the wheel sharply to go forward while keeping the car moving! (In a safe environment only)

Imitating the scene from Wayne's World were Wayne tries to fool the drive in order taker by talking using broken speech to get free grub if they get the order wrong!

Go and see a top fuel dragster launch off the start line, you need to get a close to the start as possible for a truly memorable experience.
A driveways siding course.
Drive an exotic sports car.
Take a Westfield/Caterham out on track.
Go on a proper road trip. :bigsmile:

She's still your number 1 then HDI? :lol:

Rally driving experience!!! Did one for my 30th last year and it was awesome. Not only do you get to hoon around in awesome rally monsters, but you remember things you might have forgotten if you've been driving a long time and developed bad habits. Like me... :embarrest::sad2:

Every driver should know basic car maintenance. ALL drivers should be able to change a wheel or replace a fan belt - sadly I fear we are far off this aim.

They should all try driving a HGV, a 500bhp supercar, a 67bhp shopping car, a bicycle and a motorbike. Only then will they be empathetic to other road users.

What would go on your list of things that every driver should try or experience.

Reversing through a drive through take away and saying the drivers window is stuck!

A skid pan session should also be on the list along with a track day session.

My Dream list would be:
#1 Drive a 8,000hp nitro-dragster to 350+mph in the 1/4mile under 3.5 sec.
#2 The Tisler Turn = 100mph to 0 with full lock up and then full reverse to 100mph again, all in a straight line.
#3 Racing F-1's at Indy Race Way.
#4 Fly a F22 Raptor at Mach 3
#5 A wife who has permanently lost her voice!!!!! :rofl: