The ultimate Q Car

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What car would you say is the ultimate Q or sleeper?

I would suggest the RS6 Audi and Nissan Stagea come pretty high up on the sleeper list.

What other cars can you think of that have much more power and performance than their shape or size would indicate?

I've always had a liking for the Subaru Legacy 3.0R Spec B. I like that fact that the legacy is debadged, so you can't tell which model it is. They don't even have flared wheelarches ( like the RS6) to give the game away.

The other one would be the PAssat W8. Also looks pretty much like an ordinary one.

Last edited:
A debaged 335d Touring would be a good option. A good remap will see nearly 350bhp and over 500lbft.

May need to find a means to disguise the twin exhausts - perhaps a lower rear valence and down facing tailpipes could be fitted?

That is pretty mental but I was thinking of a car straight out of the box rather than a heavily modified one;)

um, did the guy on that link say 2300bhp?, slightly overkill

demonic car, but certaintly not standard.
how about one of those new skoda vrs's, you dont expect them to go more than 30 miles an hour, ever, but the police are starting to use them as interceptors. probably because they realised that most things will outrun the little astra's.

With a bit of cursing and swearing and a lot of work you could probably fit VAGs 3.2L V6 (at least) in there, given it's the Golf platform.

My vote would be a Skoda Rapide 120 with engine swapped for something like a 1.4TSI tuned for performance.

The other one would be the PAssat W8. Also looks pretty much like an ordinary one.

Although the 4 tails and hoofing great big noise are a give-away I must admit :embarrest:

It's a Q car as long as your not following it and the engines switched off.

Well my Stageas always being confused with a volvo........................

It depends what you want

For me it should also go round corners at speed and stop otherwise its who puts the biggest engine in the smallest car .

If it has to be a std car - maybe a lotus carlton but I think the ultimate Q car has got to be at least 500bhp .

...............(but then maybe Im biased :bigsmile: )

:lol: @ Sleeper! I think you have it. Guess who inspired this thread then!

I forgot the Lotus Carlton, that was a monster. I remember square exhaust pipes and those lovely alloys.

Regarding the granada...

First this is supposed to be best Q cars A full race roll cage kind of gives it away as well as the huge bump in the bonnet etc

Second and just a minor point surely it has to actually be on the road and running ,

The last post in the thread I rerad was in 2008 this car was a project and the car wsnt running.

Untill it is it wont even beat a standard Granada .