The ultimate car chase scene

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What would you say rates as the ultimate car chase scene in a movie?

The big pile up in the blued brothers was not bad, italian job had some decent scnes in it. What about rendevous or Bullit? Do modern films compare with older films for car chase scenes Bourne series had some pretty frantic car chases and the bond films always seem to feature lots of CARnage.

So over to you then what would you say rates as the ultimate car chase scene in a movie?

^^^ I remember this one, Robert Mitchum was in it I think :blink: Will order it now for my collection while it is in my head :)

T9 man yes thats the one there wouldn't be to many of us that remember or have seen it.

Look what arrived in the post today :)

dvd.jpg

think i go with t9 man bullit and ronin. ronin actualy used the real noise from a pug and m5 bmw in the sound track. but deniro does look.a bit stiff in the driving scenes. !!!!! not a fan of gone in 60 secs too ott.

It'll have to be Bullitt for it's raw driving, noise and no dialogue plus the Great Steve McQueen was doing his own stunts.

The French Connection isn't bad either.

It'll have to be Bullitt for it's raw driving, noise and no dialogue plus the Great Steve McQueen was doing his own stunts.

The French Connection isn't bad either.

sorry to.say steve mcqueen did not do all his own stunts. bud elkins i believe the guys name is. stood in for mcqueen. during the chase on a.good few scenes. mcqueen was to do most of his own stunts in most of his films. but yes others also did them.sorry im a mcqueen fan read half a dozen autobiographys on the guy. it was part of his image to be seen doing all his own stunts but alas its not true. funny fact for the film though. most of the roads were kept open to the public. to give it a more authentic feel. top movie

sorry to.say steve mcqueen did not do all his own stunts. bud elkins i believe the guys name is. stood in for mcqueen. during the chase on a.good few scenes. mcqueen was to do most of his own stunts in most of his films. but yes others also did them.sorry im a mcqueen fan read half a dozen autobiographys on the guy. it was part of his image to be seen doing all his own stunts but alas its not true. funny fact for the film though. most of the roads were kept open to the public. to give it a more authentic feel. top movie

Actually that's not quite true! If my own history books serve me correctly; Bud Elkins was assumed to be the driver for all the scenes but he was only used for some of the early scenes. A chap called Loren Janes did the driving in the later scenes including the chase scenes down Taylor street and the Mustang side swiping down Guadalupe Canyon Parkway. Steve McQueen was an excellent driver in his own right and was only used for the close up driving scenes. This was not because of inability as a competent driver but merely as a Hollywood big box office star insurance for injury cover to him was impossible to obtain.

bud elkins i believe the guys name is. stood in for mcqueen. during the chase on a.good few scenes.

to t9man isnt that what i have put ???? im not saying he did all the driving but some of the driving , ?? hence the exsplanation , that mcqueen did not do all of his own stunt work ???
I have just dug out a couple of my autobiographies of mcqueen one by his wife neile mcqueen , one by marshall terrill and in it they both states the same , it was a charade , hype , for the public etc etc etc ,. and yes also because of the insurance cost . that would of been demanded for insuring the star .
still a top actor , shame he was a wife beater(another story though hey ) !, and sorry for hijacking the post

:blink: Can somebody not add to the info already given then???? Not a problem at all buddy and your certainly not hijacking the thread, if you was I would just delete you with the power of a Moderator!! :lol: Such a shame when Hollywood has to invent total nonsense to get bums on seats :sad2:
I shall look out for the wife beating story, missed out on that one! :)