The true cost of modding....

Lunchmoney

The Torque Meister
Car
'98 JDM Impreza STI
Modding cars is expensive. We know this and one of the first things I say to newcomers on the scene is to kiss goodbye to your bank balance, and one of the first questions I ask people who ask what mods they should do their car is, "what's your budget?"
Your budget is never enough.

Recently the Mighty Car Mod boys starting modding a Yaris.
The last part was a $169 turbo....
Here's the total cost of the car and mods, you can work out the turbo parts.... It was a lot more than $169!

I find that when I add one part, either something breaks somewhere else or to get the best I need to add another part.

It does all add up.

This is actually why I started this site, to inform people that they can waste a fortune if they don't have a plan or know fully what they are getting into.

I see so many unfinished projects it is unbelievable.

I hear that @old-git originally just wanted to change his ashtray and get a new steering wheel and fluffy dice and he's still working on the car even now years later! :lol:

I hear that @old-git originally just wanted to change his ashtray and get a new steering wheel and fluffy dice and he's still working on the car even now years later! :lol:

Well Steve is the most hooked on modding / improving things person that I have encountered to date and I hope that I live long enough to see the finished? " worlds fastest Elan set the 1/4 mile record that IMO will last forever |B Provided someone with a death wish doesn't decide to mount a challenge with a mid mounted MIG jet engine powered version.

Last edited: