The Perfect Road Trip

Prince

Torque King
Car
BMW E36 318is Coupe
Yes it's winter soon, but a good road trip takes a lot of planning. So what would be your ideal road trip? Blasting around the Welsh valleys or the Swiss mountains? Visiting tracks around the country?

Let's have some ideas!

Mine includes visiting lots of different places and cities Via great roads and a couple of tracks, maybe a lap or two around the 'ring.

The European trip you have mapped out is very similar to one i mapped out, but mine was the other way round and went down through France. But i think your route is excellent.

Does the £2000 estimated cost include Alcohol??

lol probably not.....

But seriously I'd love to go on a euro trip with you guys, would be epic, but as said though... expensive....

maybe we could just visit a couple of those places mentioned..... I'll look over your map Matty :)

There's a few places I've no idea why we would stop there, but after studying it some more I take it, this wouldn't be just a driving holiday to find various roads and tracks but also a party holiday.... Amsterdam, Barselona etc... sounds good to me though but £2000.... I ain't got that kind of cash............

...................... Oz....... anychance you could lend me £2000? lmao....

sounds good..... but not my thing.... I'm too young and have too many abbtions to settle down.... then again I have known people to change...

£2000 wouldn't go far on a large European road trip, Spain and back including the Toll fees costa a fortune, We drove to the south of France Zig Zag a few years when fuel was much cheaper, just using a tent for sleeping and that cost £££££££'s, The tolls soon add up. I have an old version of autoroute express and it works out how much every journey costs in fuel. It's frightning, I was looking to drive to southern Spain recently and it was just too much, there and back. Shame really

I'd still like to do a euro road trip though.... would be good....
also if we did go.... then at least then you lot will think my super diesel car would be good.... while on the motorways I can pass many filling stations along the way...

The European trip you have mapped out is very similar to one i mapped out, but mine was the other way round and went down through France. But i think your route is excellent.

Does the £2000 estimated cost include Alcohol??

:lol:

It didn't include getting tanked, but involved a rough idea of daily costs on food. Always over-estimate though.

lol probably not.....

But seriously I'd love to go on a euro trip with you guys, would be epic, but as said though... expensive....

maybe we could just visit a couple of those places mentioned..... I'll look over your map Matty :)

It was an idea that kept evolving. I made other maps. I'll try and find them, or re-create them.

There's a few places I've no idea why we would stop there, but after studying it some more I take it, this wouldn't be just a driving holiday to find various roads and tracks but also a party holiday.... Amsterdam, Barselona etc... sounds good to me though but £2000.... I ain't got that kind of cash............

TBH mate there was a group of 4 of us. We all picked a few places and then I made the links between them. I don't think we could just go past Amsterdam, obviously the Stelvio Pass had to be in there too. It was as much about seeing the places as it was about the roads. Every location involved an overnight stay.

I'd still like to do a euro road trip though.... would be good....
also if we did go.... then at least then you lot will think my super diesel car would be good.... while on the motorways I can pass many filling stations along the way...

You'd reach everywhere miles before the rest of us petrol heads!

It can be done on a budget, but you will have a crap time and you will want to be making it the very best possible time you can or what's the point going? Europe is so expensive these days, toll roads are everywhere in France inparticular, it's expensive to go out in Europe. Eating and drinking costs muchos francos.

Doing Mine next july in a Ice Cream van :D All you need is Beer for the long road ahead! Sex Chips and Gravy Simple as pie!

£2000.... I ain't got that kind of cash............

You would not want to borrow money from me J, I'm a part time loan shark :lol:
It looks like we might end up doing something much closer to home anyway.
TBH for me, it is all about catching up with you guys and putting more faces to names! Plenty of time yet to find something or do something to suit everyone's budget. If however any of my Lotto lucky dips come up trumps then the two grand is yours :bigsmile:

Indeed. Don't go away on a road trip with a group of random people from a forum, chances are you might not get along in real life then your stuck with each other or someone gets left out or on their own. Asking for trouble imo.

Indeed. Don't go away on a road trip with a group of random people from a forum, chances are you might not get along in real life then your stuck with each other or someone gets left out or on their own. Asking for trouble imo.

Hey just a minute! I just noticed your a Torque King now MA! Congratulations on the achievement :bigsmile:

TBH I think a Wales trip would be a good compromise. It could be done over a few days and shouldn't cost too much either. It would be a good chance for waynne to get some photos for the forum as well.

Lol what does that mean? Over 4000 posts? Maybe it should say "forum addicted" or "TC is my heroin" instead lmao.

Nice. :lol: