The old lady finally get's what she deserves!

Right then, time has come to give the oldlady some treatment,
all the talking about it it has now stopped and I'm finally doing something to her

I've bought all manner of part for her and taken photos, first thing though, how do I upload them?

So.... its time for a really big update.... no pictures yet but a lot has happend....

I can say that the car is done!!!

I've had to change A LOT since the last update, turbo is now on the gear box and the battery is in the boot...

I've bought a twin pass intercooler and fitted that up rather than the EVO 6 one that I bought from MA,
Engine was a pain to start but turned out to be a stuck injector now it's running sweet... sounds really loud but that's only because I'm running a lot of advance....
also sorted my airbag light problem, and sorted out some of my dodgy wiring from before...

I'm going to get some pictures up because they say a lot more than what I can say here....

So don't worry dudes, I haven't forgotten about you :)

Brett

Should have mentioned.... I haven't driven it yet and it's going for MOT on Monday...
Plus I haven't tuned it yet so it won't be at it's best till after it's mot..

bet you cant wait to take her for spin.try out that new engine.the fruits of your labour.it gives you a sense of achievement when you have modded or fixed your own car.i did the clutch on my focus last week and the joy when you get in and put it in reverse and theres no slipping or noise from the release bearing.so building your own engine with all those mods must be like waiting for xmas to take it out for a good blast.look forward to your updates.keep up the good work mate.

So.... its time for a really big update.... no pictures yet but a lot has happend....

I can say that the car is done!!!

I've had to change A LOT since the last update, turbo is now on the gear box and the battery is in the boot...

I've bought a twin pass intercooler and fitted that up rather than the EVO 6 one that I bought from MA,
Engine was a pain to start but turned out to be a stuck injector now it's running sweet... sounds really loud but that's only because I'm running a lot of advance....
also sorted my airbag light problem, and sorted out some of my dodgy wiring from before...

I'm going to get some pictures up because they say a lot more than what I can say here....

So don't worry dudes, I haven't forgotten about you :)

Brett

Been looking forward to this for long!

Glad to see you haven't forgotten about us mate! :)

Last edited:
Piccys!!
20111127_145000.jpg

20111127_145008.jpg

20111127_145019.jpg
20111203_154242.jpg

20111203_154259.jpg

20111203_154330.jpg

20111203_154347.jpg

20120225_134515.jpg
20120226_121400.jpg

20120226_121411.jpg

Engine in after all the pipe work
20120228_155156.jpg

Had to dismantle the injectors to clean them up and unstick them, was being a pain to start, one injector was sticking and the engine was refusing to run properly, it was blowing white smoke out of the inlet, a set of unstuck injectors sorted that out, and in the future I will be reconditioning them with standard nozzles, or sending them away for upgrade with bigger nozzles and having the break pressures reset.

20120325_175906.jpg

New intercooler made fitting much easier, Mitsubishi Evo 6 one was too awkward.

20120404_153609.jpg

20120416_174007.jpg

20120416_174016.jpg

20111112_102449.jpg

20111127_145034.jpg

20120416_174022.jpg

Moved relays from battery tray and put the battery in the boot, it is more secure than that now :)

20120508_204850.jpg

20120508_204938.jpg

20120512_170039.jpg

Wiring in my boost gauge properly, and sort the wiring behind the stereo...
20120524_124931.jpg

20120524_124938.jpg

How it looks now, and yes the bumper will be sprayed up and the rust will get sorted :)

20120525_205723.jpg

20120525_205733.jpg

20120525_205746.jpg

I have washed it since,

It's been for MOT and it passed, 2 advisories
Handbrake only just passed (but they're grabage on the rear disc 306's anyways), and the rear brake discs are corroded but they will be replaced with new discs and pads, and I might even go for some new front discs and pads, so will need to ask for advise on that,

Might go for some new wheels as well, white again because I found out that these are buckled :( not badly but enough to notice when really pressing on,
Want to go for some TD ProRace 1.2 and 205/50/15 tyres, might go for the AD08's this time.

Also all isn't well on the motor as it has a massive boost leak (I think) somewhere and its a pain in the arse to find, go might take it to my dads place and stick the air compressor in the pipe work (with a regulator of course)

Also to metion as Claymore said about his car, this will never be finish and it's been a bit on an expiriment for me for things to come with the 205 as I won't be selling that...so keep your eyes open and I promise I will keep this more to date from now on, just been very busy lately,

Take it easy and comments welcome...

Brett

Qaulity update mate. Worth the wait! What turbo are you running now? Was it difficult getting the turbo re-located?

I still haven't wired in my boost gauge... MA offered much required advise, back in 2011. BUT I am still needing to find some time to do.

Keep up the brilliant work mate! :)

Yes, it was a pain in the arse to relocate the turbo, pipe work and oil fittings that fit together, and plumbing in water lines that the original turbo didn't have,

Depends on what boost guage you've bought, I think mine might be faulty, its reading correctly but the wiring doesn't make sence so I've done the best I can...

Yes, it was a pain in the arse to relocate the turbo, pipe work and oil fittings that fit together, and plumbing in water lines that the original turbo didn't have,

I think I will leave mine where it is... :lol:

Depends on what boost guage you've bought, I think mine might be faulty, its reading correctly but the wiring doesn't make sence so I've done the best I can...

Mine only has 2 wires.. Ground and power, simple enough. But I have no idea which wires to plumb into... each red wire in the lights ( as I want my back light on the boost when of course its dark ) I saw about 3 different red wires... I presume each as a different voltage. I suppose I'll work out which provides the lowest current and start from there.

Do you have a wiring diagram for it?

If not have a look for it on the net, I tapped into a wire on the lighting stalk in the steering column, so it only lights up when the lights are on...

So... plans for the future....

21mm torsion bars, Spoox rear ARB, replace both front wings, spray front bumper, change interior using the front seats out of my 205 and gti6 rear seats, more gauges and oil cooler
Does anyone know where I can get some plain black door cards for a ph2 5 door?

Am I trending AD08's? Everybody wants them now lol.

Schaweet update and congrats on the pass. It it quick? Fancy putting it to the test properly at Rockingham this Saturday? :D :D

I understand it's a work in process but constructive criticism-wise that elbow looks really poorly flowing and will be doing you no favours power or lag-wise. Straight off the turbo is the most important part of the turbo-back exhaust!

Also that ribbed piping from filter to turbo, get something smooth on it :D

If the boost leak isn't in the pipework or intercooler....inlet manifold....

Do you have a wiring diagram for it?

If not have a look for it on the net, I tapped into a wire on the lighting stalk in the steering column, so it only lights up when the lights are on...

I have plummed it in to the radio loom for now... 12v connection was fine for my gauge.. I tried a 5v? and that was waaaaay too dim! Couldn't get the bloody steering column off!

I'll post some pictures in my WIP that I plan on updating after my driving test!

3 trox screws and the covers will come off... lol

@MA you talking about that join? Yeah I thought as much, best I could do at the time, It's a thing on my to do list, will be taking it to MIJ see if they can do something better...

3 trox screws and the covers will come off... lol

I didn't have one that fitted.... Otherwise I would have. I think some one has tampered with it before, I took a picture of the screw whilst it was screwed in to see the type and noticed it was very worn down. What size if the torx screw fitting, I must have tried around 20 different peices.

alright mate.some good progress been made.bet its good to have it all back together.you have done some major pipework on that engine.all looks experimental at the moment bet you cant wait to iron out the gremlins so you can get a power run on a dyno.i am looking forward to seeing what power that engine is puttin out now.keep us updated mate.its good to have you and the old lady back.keep up the good work buddy

Thanks clay, it has taken me ages but its snaworth it....
What do you mean by snagging ?

Also, small update while Im here....

Found my boost leak...and its just that... a boost leak...piston rings are fine....valves are fine and head gasket is also fine....

Its my crappy hose clamps....
So ive ordered up some Mikalor clamps and a meter of silicon hose to redo the joins.... the reducers are fine but the straight joins i dont have much faith in, hopefully they will arrive today or tomorrow,

Thanks clay, it has taken me ages but its snaworth it....
What do you mean by snagging ?

Also, small update while Im here....

Found my boost leak...and its just that... a boost leak...piston rings are fine....valves are fine and head gasket is also fine....

Its my crappy hose clamps....
So ive ordered up some Mikalor clamps and a meter of silicon hose to redo the joins.... the reducers are fine but the straight joins i dont have much faith in, hopefully they will arrive today or tomorrow,
Snagging means exactly what you are doing, i.e finding the faults/weak points and rectifying them.

@clay, fair enough mate...its not a term ive heard before so please excuse me on that one.... :)

as for fault finding, i used an air compressor at my dads work, sealed up the turbo inlet and took the mbc of and connected in the little pipe on the side of the turbo, and hey pressto, leaks everywhere....just waiting on parts and then when its all buttoned up we'll be getting the full force of my uberdiesel...

@loz and fred,

It drives a little better than I remember, the front end doesnt bounce anymore, and everything just feels tight.... probably cause its all new(ish) but its not producing the power at the moment, due to the boost leaking out everywhere, its making 6psi at 4k rpm and upwards when it should make about 20-25psi by 2.5-3k rpms, i cant wait to get my new hose stuff on there, and ill be outside doing it even if its raining....

So....
I got my stuff come in the post....

But ive ordered the wrong clamps....
gutted to say the least, theyll be going back in the post on monday and Ill be taking a trip to Thor Racing in Coventry to get them as its the closest place I can find that sells them,
Ive bought Mikalor clamps, if anyone know where I can get them closer to me then let me know ASAP and id be forever in your debt

Down for now but certainly not out

Demon Tweeks do Mikalor clamps young J and if you order them tomorrow early and pay the extra you can get them for Monday. Ask for Paul first as he has always been good for the little things that I have needed quickly. Or if you are really desperate then a spirited drive can get you there in a couple of hours. I think they open about 08.30