The old lady finally get's what she deserves!

Right then, time has come to give the oldlady some treatment,
all the talking about it it has now stopped and I'm finally doing something to her

I've bought all manner of part for her and taken photos, first thing though, how do I upload them?

@Clay,
51-55 i think, its got to go around 51 mm pipe, I didnt account for the silicon hose as well, so i reckon it another 5mm or so, what do you reckon, 13 should do it

i also need 3 which are about 80 ish mm

@Oz,

Are they open saturday? If I have to Ill drive to demon tweeks to get some, I was supposed to be going to the BTCC at olton park but the tickets havent come, so I got to occupy myself somehow this weekend... lol

@ Oz,
Are they open saturday? If I have to Ill drive to demon tweeks to get some, I was supposed to be going to the BTCC at olton park but the tickets havent come, so I got to occupy myself somehow this weekend... lol

They are indeed open on Saturday J, I have driven there on a Saturday to have things done and had things shipped out to arrive on a Monday. Give them a call first to check stock availability and have them hold them for you just in case; they have lots of people turning up there on a Saturday so you don't want their stock disappearing while your travelling up the motorway towards them :amuse:

Just been re reading over this. When you were doing the GTi6 beam, despite it being literally a bolt off, bolt on mod, what about the brake lines and handbrake? I saw a beam pop on ebay, off of a '6. bid ended at £65. Discs were new, but no pads and no calipers, well gutted I let that go! Do you mind just quickly running over the basics? Would be greatly appreciated! Cheers mate.

It's a straight swap...

you have to use the GTI6 handbrake cables, and make sure that the beam you buy comes with the brake lines on it as it will make things a lot easier, just to note you have to be very careful when undoing your brake lines as they are easy to brake, and also try not to get brake fluid on your paint work because it will strip it off easily...

To minimise brake fluid loss, (before you touch the brake lines) undo you fluid reservoir and place a sandwich bag over the hole and screw the cap back on over it will stop all your brake fluid escaping while you've undone the braking system, you'll need to remove your exhaust and the silver heat sheild by the fuel tank to get your handbrake cables out, and also the centre console will need to come out to take the cable ends off the bracket, also, and this is kind of important, get someone to give you a hand, the rear beam is heavy and even though I can pick it up and move one myself, when it's off the car while you're working under there you really need someone else with you.

Get your cars rear end on axle standards as high as they will go, use the jacking points on the sills at the rear and make sure that it;s ingear and chock the wheels.

I think I've covered everything....

Flush your brake fluid out and replace with new stuff while you're at it.

Great advice, as always. Thanks Jarrus! Seems easy enough... I'll let you know when I go ahead with this. I'll message the sellers and see if they come with the desired items.

:)

Another quickie...

Been trying to find an adapter for the radio control in the steering column. Noticed you had one, I think.

update time :)

Ive finially solved the lack of boost problem.....
The actuator wasnt sealing the wastegate shut properly so i shorten the arm, and went for a drive and bloody hell...what a difference, im pulling 18 psi in 3rd and 20 in 4th and 5th... just right for now... goes really well and still seems to return good fuel economy...

And also, do any of you remember those leather seats i fitted in the 205? Well look where they are now....

20120701_162330.jpg

Cheers lads, yeah, im well chuffed now, the seats fit onto the 306 subframes with no modification...so that was a plus but the rear seats dont fit at all, the 306 rear bench is much wider than the 309/205, but i may yet ditch the rear seats all together :)

Theres plenty yet to come so watch this space ill be more attentive than i have been before...
Might have to start another thread, this is getting quite big now....

Seats look brilliant mate! I'm still going to get bucket seats eventually! :) Great update and I am glad you got the boost issue sorted. :)

Well...sort of...

I might be changing this project a bit in the future... watch this space...

I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do...

Can I see this car running and working properly before you change it all again? :D

Well I say that but I'm off to Wales tomorrow and don't know when I'll be back. I've only been home 3 days lol.

Diesel power FTW. Seen a pug 306 d turbo with a 2.1 conversion cant remember where I saw it though mate... thought it was yours for a minute, until I noticed the colour...

Last edited:
So I've changed my mind........................................again for the 50th time..... seriously I'm worse than a 5 year old girl.....

The 306 is here to stay..... and I've been buying some stuff....

Bought a spare engine....
20120731_120401.jpg

Guy told me it's from a 406.... Because I'm educated on such matters I know it's not....
It's from a Citroen XM, it's actually a better engine all together, cam with the Bosch pump from the factory and an all alloy inlet... mines half plastic and alloy,
Bought it complete....with everything....awesome :)

Bought a Bosch pump off an Iveco van.....
20120811_202554.jpg

and another one off a 1.9
I'm butchering it up to make another injector pump as I'm not 100% happy with it....

And.... by accident....*cough*(yeah right...) I bought this.....
20120801_131349-1.jpg

Was a steal...so had to have it....guy bought it and never used it.....

I've also been stripping it out....

20120826_171037.jpg

20120826_171033.jpg

20120826_171049.jpg

and in the process I cam across this....
20120826_171056.jpg

It's not bad...but I don't like it some I've done a temporary repair for now and will address it properly in the future....
It's a common place for it to go on the 306 due to the lack of an arch liner or underseal up there.....

more pictures and stuff to follow

So I've changed my mind........................................again for the 50th time..... seriously I'm worse than a 5 year old girl.....

The 306 is here to stay..... and I've been buying some stuff....

Bought a spare engine....
20120731_120401.jpg

Guy told me it's from a 406.... Because I'm educated on such matters I know it's not....
It's from a Citroen XM, it's actually a better engine all together, cam with the Bosch pump from the factory and an all alloy inlet... mines half plastic and alloy,
Bought it complete....with everything....awesome :)

Bought a Bosch pump off an Iveco van.....
20120811_202554.jpg

and another one off a 1.9
I'm butchering it up to make another injector pump as I'm not 100% happy with it....

And.... by accident....*cough*(yeah right...) I bought this.....
20120801_131349-1.jpg

Was a steal...so had to have it....guy bought it and never used it.....

I've also been stripping it out....

20120826_171037.jpg

20120826_171033.jpg

20120826_171049.jpg

and in the process I cam across this....
20120826_171056.jpg

It's not bad...but I don't like it some I've done a temporary repair for now and will address it properly in the future....
It's a common place for it to go on the 306 due to the lack of an arch liner or underseal up there.....

more pictures and stuff to follow

Sweet updates mate! I would update mine but as of now, I am in the South of France! :lol: Completely repaired my massive rust patch.

Exactly the same place as mine mate.... Rust there is a massive problem and you saw from mine how bad it can get.

NITROUS!!! Get out of here! I think a few members have been a little bit encourging *cough T9 cough* :lol:

Update is good mate, are you completely stripping the entire loom?