The old lady finally get's what she deserves!

Right then, time has come to give the oldlady some treatment,
all the talking about it it has now stopped and I'm finally doing something to her

I've bought all manner of part for her and taken photos, first thing though, how do I upload them?

Just quickly....

Seen a few gti6 gear boxes on Ebay, and I am wondering if it is possible to change the gear ratio and have the 6th gear in my crusty diesel? would it reach a higher speed or just shred through the gears and accelerate faster? Also having been driving my car for a while now.... its so bloody expensive! I think it needs a servicing. Fancy giving us a hand?

I should mention now...

I've been doing some thinking lately (well for a long time) about where I'm going with this...
and its turned out quite good but not quite what I was expecting...
and no... not because it's a diesel...but from this I've learned a lot about what I need to do to get the performance I want from this engine and what have you...

So it's with great regret that I'm breaking the old lady in order to start another project....

My 205 will be getting the 2.1 treatment now....

Why? I hear you ask....
Well it's simple really....
Power to weight....
306 weighs in at 1155kgs from the factory...
205 weighs in at 860-875kgs from the factory.. (can't get an exact figure)

So its a no brainer really in the respect...
Other reasons? Well...
The body work on my 205 is in much better condition, and it just "feels" better to me...
The steering gives you more feedback through the wheel as do the brakes due to very little servo assistance....

Some people have said that for all the time and effort I've spent on my 306 its a bit of waste for it to end up like this and yeah... I have to agree there, but it's for the best in order to achieve what I want to achieve....

Also when I start the 205 project off properly I reveal my plans for it....
But it will involve an engine rebuild in the process... also I'm kind of on a dead line.... I'd like to get it all done and shook down before July 2014, Seem an age away but I took my sweet time with this and could have got it done faster if I got into gear, plus I did it off my own back as I was the first to fit the larger 2.1 in a 306 with a bigger turbo and the like....

So keep your eyes open and I'll start a new project thread up when I've got something worth posting about.....

Also...

Loads of 306 or Peugeot related parts are for sale..... send me a PM for more details...

Take it easy guys and girlies....

J

Cheers mate,

Like I said I will be posting up a new project thread sometime in the future, I've already got one open for the 205 but I'm going to start again on this one...

Right then, time has come to give the oldlady some treatment,
all the talking about it it has now stopped and I'm finally doing something to her

I've bought all manner of part for her and taken photos, first thing though, how do I upload them?
"""Hey There...
I'd really appreciate if someone could suggest a good car mechanic and
car reseller... I have a Porsche that I would like to sell....
james elena"""

"""Hey There...
I'd really appreciate if someone could suggest a good car mechanic and
car reseller... I have a Porsche that I would like to sell....
james elena"""

The odds of us being able to suggest a good mechanic in Cyprus considering that we have very few regular members from your part of the world is not good I'm afraid. You would be much better off advertising in your own motoring magazines to sell that Porsche.

This thread belongs to somebody else and as such your post has absolutely no bearing on its relevance buddy. Try posting in a more appropiate forum section within Torque Cars. Thank you!

Last edited:
There are quite a few people reading this thread looking at the stats but we've not had any updates from you in a while any updates on this project - or have you moved on to another one?

What are your plans for the future?