The Mods You Hate, But Secretly Want

Massive

Torque Master
Car
Clio 172 Cup
Ok so what styling accessories do you hate on other peoples car but secretly want one for yours, but probably wont due to "street cred" basically your guilty pleasure

I do realise this thread probably wont get much of a reaction but what the hey :D

well mine has to be neons and leds lol they look naff but would love to have my engine bay, foot wells, arches lit up in orange, but for obvious reasons, this wont be happening :lol: ive been there done that had the abuse :lol:

so who wants fluffy dice? ;)

I used to have fluffy dice. I would really like lots of Carbon fibre body panels and 20 inch wheels but in the real world with all the practicalities it's just not going to happen.

I really want air bag suspension for the Accord, even though I don't like the idea of carrying a compressor and allsorts in the boot, it would look cool as low as possible,

(probably shouldn't be here as I don't hate air bags, I just don't like carrying the extra stuff associated with them)

Last edited:
Thats a tough question. I know Mods I hate. Them little electronic things that make non turbo cars sound like they have a dump valve on. I hate them.

Erm.... Maby a rear deffuser. I hate seeing them on Kia's and Fiesta's because they serve no purpus, but may help on my car.....:embarrest: Id like one of them I suppose.

is that a mod as such?

I happen to think painted calipers look quite nice done properly, it's when they have been painted straight on top of the rust and it's all bubbley and rough it looks tacky

Lol! I get that with the 100R but it's got the go to back it up. :p

thats the exception :p it would be like a little white blur

i know the people in the 1.0 saxos and old corsas with the bean tin exhaust as the scream past at 20 and the weight of the exhuast is slowing them down :lol:

however i love the noise of a big exhaust on a scooby evo or skyline :love:

There are quite a few mods I would like on the stagea but havnt done

The point is that in every case it is money based - I just cant afford the mod ( yet :bigsmile: )

I just dont understand people saying I would like to do it but wont cos of street cred.

That means they dont want to do it ?

its just saying that to all your mates you go along with "yea thats lucks awful"

but you know in the back of your mind you think it looks cool and want to do it lol

ICE installs for me. I would quite like a large ICE install, but wouldn't install one due to the extra weight.

Yea, I'd agree with that. I like my music but having all that stuff in a car goes against what I try and achieve, a light car, quicker and uses less fuel. However the Landy has one of those Harmon Kardon doofahs with 11 speakers as standard!

Suppose the only thing I'd like on the ZS is some decent graphics to break the colour up, but choosing something that suits is hard without looking like something out of 2 Fast 2 Furious!

why not do something similar to the charcoal grey and green MG touring cars?
without respraying your car, yellow or a light orange for the graphics would look cool.
wsr2.jpg

why not do something similar to the charcoal grey and green MG touring cars?
without respraying your car, yellow or a light orange for the graphics would look cool.
View attachment 1051

Couple of members have already been down this route, one was a hotwheels replica, looked stunning, the other is similar and then we do have one who owns an ex BTCC ZS but has been resprayed white! I was looking at a distorted white chequered flag across the front and rear corners, trophy blue paint btw.

Couple of members have already been down this route, one was a hotwheels replica, looked stunning, the other is similar and then we do have one who owns an ex BTCC ZS but has been resprayed white! I was looking at a distorted white chequered flag across the front and rear corners, trophy blue paint btw.

That sounds quite good actually!

I do like the dark tints on rear side windows and rear windscreen. Keep with the legal ones front and front sides (ie. must be 70% visible light transmission and over) but a 80% attenuation rear three quarters does look very nice.

Also makes for a nice contrasty view of the road ahead. Much like when driving along a road with a storm cloud directly behind.