The importance of alignment.

WLBjork

Road Burner
Car
Octavia vRS LE
Found this on another forum.

The poster bought a Nissan 300ZX, then got forced into the kerb by an agressive pickup/SUV driver which pretty much ended that 300Z.

Since then he bought another 300ZX and used the two together to get one working Z.

He's been having a little problem with tyres lately and finally got around to checking the alignment a week or so ago:

http://www.nfscars.net/forum/showpost.php?p=505776&postcount=924.

look at the tyres he was driving that hard even if every thing was out he was spinning them up all the time

but done right it does make a big differnce

Agreed, those have taken a fair bit of abuse. It does go to show the importance of having tyres properly aligned.

Found this on another forum.

The poster bought a Nissan 300ZX, then got forced into the kerb by an agressive pickup/SUV driver which pretty much ended that 300Z.

Since then he bought another 300ZX and used the two together to get one working Z.

He's been having a little problem with tyres lately and finally got around to checking the alignment a week or so ago:

http://www.nfscars.net/forum/showpost.php?p=505776&postcount=924.
Thanks for this reply to my query. I was surprised to see that the 300ZX's front & rear settings were not totally even on both sides. Forgive me if I seem like a noob for not knowing why this is, but I thought that both left & right should be the same,no?(symmetrical).

Sorry TitanSon!
Your post went into the moderation queue because there was a link in the post quote you used. It won't be a problem once your post count gets up to ten. :bigsmile:

Ahh, looks like they weren't new, and they'd been on a total of a fortnight. Teach me to double check these things :embarrest:

He'd only been driving about a week though - before the alignment he also replaced the wheel bearings and that took a couple of days (bit stuck... with rust etc.)

It's possible to read the whole fun thread by clicking the link in the top right hand corner ;)