The first car you drove

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What was the first car you ever drove? How old were you?

I had my first drive of an Austin Metro when I was 15 in a gravel car park, it was good fun and I got up quite a speed! It was the last drive I would have until I was 17 and got a licence! :(

I was 16 and also an austin metro.

It was a nail but it was my mates and we had a good laugh on morrisons car park on the black country route.

15, Audi 80. I learned about handbrake turns & lift off over steer before I learned what road signs mean... Still working on that:)

I am! I live just by the oakham road now in Tividale.

Grew up on the Grace Mary estate.

Where about are you from?

Anyone remember the 1.3 Metro Turbo? That was a fun car! When turbos gave that kick in the back boost.

Back in the day when turbo was stuck onto anything. Even my toaster had turbo plastered across it.
From what I remember it was quite a small turbo on the Metro so still quite slow unlike its bigger brothers the Maestro and Montego turbos

The Montego ad was the thing that sold them! I'm trying to find it but can't I'm sure it's on youtube.....

First drive when i was 15 was an Austin Allegro 1.5 Vanden Plas Auto.

S*** brown colour and hearing aid beige seats but it had an electric Ariel which you pressed a button to operate down the right hand side of the dash by the steering wheel.

Tiz amazing the c**p that sticks in your head:rofl:

First drive when i was 15 was an Austin Allegro 1.5 Vanden Plas Auto.

S*** brown colour and hearing aid beige seats but it had an electric Ariel which you pressed a button to operate down the right hand side of the dash by the steering wheel.

Tiz amazing the c**p that sticks in your head:rofl:
I think first drives do tend to stay with you. Try and remember the fourth car you drove - it's not as easy!

obi, It was a mini 1000 Reg was OFT906R, My first ever car i owned but the 4th believe it or not, that i drove.
1st- Austin Allegro 1.5 Vanden Plas
2nd-Nissan Cherry 1.3 Driving school car
3rd-Mini Clubman Traveller ( My mothers )
4th-Mini 1000.

Give me an hour or so and i can probs list every single one:lol: The downside to that would be that there are quite a few that i wish i hadnt said goodbye to:(

:lol: I think somedays people just love to prove me wrong, which actually isn't that hard ;)

I did say 4th car you drove, not owned though, does that make a difference?

Aged 14 I had a go in a Volvo 740 GLT on a deserted muddy field. Not sure I'd call it driving exactly :) And, yes, it was with the owner/keeper's consent sat next to me in the passenger seat.

The first time I steered a car was about age 6-
7 on a beach in Wales my dad doing the pedals.
The first time I drove a car on my own was I found an abandoned mini in a factory the car started and I drove it around the warehouse for a good hour or two and tbh it was the most liberating drive I've had to this date!