The fine line between style and Chav!

im sorry but this word chav has been blown all out of proportion dont forget we all have to start somewhere i mean the cars listed above are all cheap cars to buy and mod performance and styling wise but what you have to consider is a 17 year old just passed his test buys a 1.4 corsa b totally standard insurance is going to cost him £2,000 or their abouts so to mod it he has to do it on the cheap eg lexus light £30 of ebay imo look sh!t but to him look nice and are cheap, the callipers and drums are looking a little rusty £20 on some paint a vast improvement but to the other drivers look sh!t
so in conclusion i think chav can be described as young drivers on a budget !!!! ;)

As Oscar Wilde once said to Whistler, 'I wish that I had said that' (Whistler replied,' You will, Oscar, you will').

Chav is a lifestyle, not just the type of mods you do to your car. I started out with a Ford Anglia 105E. No money, so mods were cheap - smaller steering wheel, chrome effect mirrors, a few extra worry gauges, de-bumpered, etc., the sort of things some people consider to be chavy these days. It was only once I could afford it and gained some experience and skill that the flip front, bubble arches, bigger wheels, suspension mods and bigger engine appeared.

As I have said before, long live the crap mods as they make our cars look so much better :)

It's purported that Oscar Wilde once said "you should trying anything once, except country dancing and incest."

With Cropredy 2009 in the planning stage then I must learn to dance.

:)

Amusing, is somewhat childish, site with some amazing creations. Thank you for alerting me to it :)

Each to his own and I am sure that the owners of these cars are proud of them (and a lot of time and effort has been expended), but, crikey, some of them are totally lacking in any sort of style, proportion or aethetics. But, of course, that is just my personal opinion.

It's purported that Oscar Wilde once said "you should trying anything once, except country dancing and incest."

With Cropredy 2009 in the planning stage then I must learn to dance.

:)

Crikey, didn't know they were still alive!

But at least with incest you can keep it in the family.

Sorry :)

Last edited:
young under 40 person who has inexpensive cars /clothes can be cool and stylish if they are above average looks physique. Old and ugly and thousands to spare a day is still old and ugly. E.g I liked to spend less and have cool retro cars in my 20s i.e 1980's Golfs classic :lol:appeal. costed nothing. Now I have more valuable audi A3 2006 and need to spend a little more each time I want to be noticed or feel like a cool dude.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there and may I wish you a warm welcome to TorqueCars, it is a pleasure to meet you.

You'll find us a pretty friendly bunch and I'm sure you'll start to love and enjoy the forums as much as we all do.

young under 40 person who has inexpensive cars /clothes can be cool and stylish if they are above average looks physique. Old and ugly and thousands to spare a day is still old and ugly. E.g I liked to spend less and have cool retro cars in my 20s i.e 1980's Golfs classic :lol:appeal. costed nothing. Now I have more valuable audi A3 2006 and need to spend a little more each time I want to be noticed or feel like a cool dude.

Welcome pal.